Notices

Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
The Polish translation is borked. It should be "lipiec" instead of "lipca" and so on.
I think it is fixed now.

Edit: Nope, it is not (I did not want to reboot the phone earlier to test it, because I had some applications running). Next time it will be fixed for sure.

There's no animation like with the stock calendar (but it's a minor thing, that's no problem)
Originally I was planning to add it, but after seeing how fast it is possible to navigate without the animation, that effect in Calendar became a little annoying. It might eventually appear in Qalendar, but probably in some sped up form or with an option to turn it off.

There's should be more spacing between the bars which mean the events
I assume this is about the week view. I am aware of the difference, but I thought it is for better -- more space for the text inside. In reality, do you ever try to create an event by clicking the tiny area between two other events? For me it is too hard to be practical, even with the stylus.

Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Scrolling effect of default calendar is achieved by jumping to previous-or-next month when days outside the current month are clicked, and is greatly missed in Qalendar.
It is one of those situations when I think that the stock calendar tries to be too smart -- when I click a day, I expect to see what happens on that day, not change the viewed month. I wonder if you miss it because you consider that a convenient feature or perhaps you have not noticed that months can be quickly changed by swiping up and down?

Originally Posted by frafI View Post
fremangordon and joerg_rw fixed the autobuilder (or rather removed libx11-data and fixed stuff related to extras-devel), you should try uploading qalendar again.
It works indeed. I have uploaded 0.5.1 to the repositories, with the following changes:
  • Added keyboard shortcuts to jump between years in the month view (Left/Right).
  • Fixed week item in the menu not being toggled when activating the week view using month view's week button.
  • Support for translations.

If you wish to see Qalendar in your language, you can provide a translation at https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/qalendar/ (account required).

From other news, I have created a page in the wiki (http://wiki.maemo.org/Qalendar), currently it contains only some differences between Qalendar and Calendar.

Last edited by gidzzz; 2013-08-02 at 12:46.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Vilnius, Lithuania
Installed it from -devel. Launched it and thought "why normal Calendar launched instead of Qalendar" :]] This is not a critism. Awesome, it even used custom month backgrounds!

Some comments:

* Month names are in Regional settings language, not in Device language. Kinda stands out from other applications.

* Fast switching between months feels kinda strange, brain is used to Calendar and expects at least a little visual feedback

* Awesome left/right swipe to change a year!

* I know it's like in Calendar, but it would be awesome when clicking week number in month view, week view would get arrow to go back to month view in top right corner, instead of close.

* Finally minute freedom for alarms and appointments!

Thanks for creating Qalendar

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to iceskateclog For This Useful Post:
how can I get the cal widget replacemet to open qalendar and not the stock one sorry if is oftopic

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to guilledoc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by guilledoc View Post
how can I get the cal widget replacemet to open qalendar and not the stock one sorry if is oftopic
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90942

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
I agree with above, year jumping is excellent and I am slowly getting used to the speed of the transitions between pages.
Option to change or switch off the background images would be handy.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
US regional settings have a peculiarity:
Dates are represented as month/day/year

In the stock calendar in Week View, it picks this up at the top of the columns correctly as month/day

Qalendar in Week View represents it as day/month, which makes today (August 04) look like April 08 if expecting the usual presentation.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rotoflex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 381 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Nice program, but i have one aesthetic/practical problem with my theme that i would like some help to solve.

Looking at the day/date box then the text is black on darkgray (the original calendar is white on darkgray which is a combination that is easier to see)
-So, is there any way to change the colors used here?

Last edited by electroaudio; 2013-08-04 at 12:27.

The Following User Says Thank You to electroaudio For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Option to change or switch off the background images would be handy.
It belongs to the theme in my opinion. If you want to customize or remove the images, you can find them in /usr/share/themes/*/calendar/qgn_calendar_bg_*.jpg. The extension is misleading, the files are often PNGs.

Originally Posted by electroaudio View Post
Looking at the day/date box then the text is black on darkgray (the original calendar is white on darkgray which is a combination that is easier to see)
-So, is there any way to change the colors used here?
Calendar seems to use hardcoded colors, Qalendar takes them from theme. For the first line on weekday buttons DefaultTextColor is used and SecondaryTextColor for the second. For current day both of them are painted with ReversedTextColor. DefaultTextColor and SecondaryTextColor seemed to be the most reasonable (I checked various colors from here: http://maemo.gitorious.org/fremantle...specificgtk.rc).

Some possible solutions:
  • modify calendar_weekday image in the theme,
  • modify DefaultTextColor and SecondaryTextColor value in the theme,
  • modify Qalendar to use a different color (but I do not know if other available colors are more appropriate than those already in use).

By the way, the dark horizontal lines are not visible, because Qalendar does not draw them yet.

Last edited by gidzzz; 2013-08-05 at 17:02.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
It belongs to the theme in my opinion. If you want to customize or remove the images, you can find them in /usr/share/themes/*/calendar/qgn_calendar_bg_*.jpg. The extension is misleading, the files are often PNGs.
Ok no problem, I am sure replacement worldclock has a QSetting to disable them so I thought I'd ask.
I will have a look at that location, thank you.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 381 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
  • modify calendar_weekday image in the theme,
  • modify DefaultTextColor and SecondaryTextColor value in the theme,
  • modify Qalendar to use a different color (but I do not know if other available colors are more appropriate than those already in use).
Thanks!
I dont think the win95 theme i use is complete, so i will try to attack the themefiles and see what i can do

Edit.
I deleted every picture that was too dark and now it looks (mostly) good, but atleast it dont give any unecessary eyestrain anymore

Last edited by electroaudio; 2013-08-05 at 19:18.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to electroaudio For This Useful Post:

Tags
calendar, fremantle