Posts: 48 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Castle Rock, CO. USA
The N900 TOTALLY needed this! I was not able to get TV-Out to work here in the States. Anything downloaded or recorded in 16:9 would not play video. I only got sound. I installed the widget, tweaked my settings and viola! Video out!

Gawddam I love this thing and you guys!

The Following User Says Thank You to cyapalmos For This Useful Post:
very very good

but a problem ( or for me a problem )
background widget is back

is any way to glass style for it ?

thanks man

Perfect timing! Thanks a ton!

thp: How to install this widget, any deb file

Got the file thanks...installing it and will see whether it solves the problem or not...

Finally it worked thanks again.

Last edited by rocky272727; 2011-01-18 at 23:24.

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
Originally Posted by cyapalmos View Post
The N900 TOTALLY needed this! I was not able to get TV-Out to work here in the States. Anything downloaded or recorded in 16:9 would not play video. I only got sound. I installed the widget, tweaked my settings and viola! Video out!

Gawddam I love this thing and you guys!
when output image size is greater than TV_specific_value the tv will blank and shut down the pannel an have nothing in common with tv standard as tv accept both.
i write a simple script ( you can find it in Multimedia ) wich can fine tuning the image ( remove black borders. adjust aspect ratio )
using it you will make a idea why large images are not displayed

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
this is a nice little program

one thing i would like to see is a CLONE view option, why:
this weekend we was watching video from my N900 on a LCD TV, and i like the function the N900 has when i watch video then i can do everything else on the N900 and the video plays fullscreen on the TV with minor lags depending on what im doing BUT....

in this case i was using my usb wireless mouse (still waiting for BT mouse to show up...) and i would be nice in this case to have a CLONE view because then i could have the controls on the TV for the seek slider etc... and in this case the N900 was only being used to see video, mostly small clips

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 9 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Melbourne
Many thanks,

I'm using the N900 with a pocket projector. The entire screen is filled now.

Linux is a wonderful thing! Well done.

Is this optimized for 16:9 displays? I ask because I'm outputting 16:9 video to a 4:3 display and I'm getting a very squished output.

Granted, it's better than no output! But when a DVD player shows the same video on the same screen, it is able to get the aspect ratio correct, so I know it's possible.

Any way to make adjustments for those of us with old fashioned 4:3 TV sets? :-)

this works great!!! thanks so much no longer do i need to keep burning cds when watching films at girlfriends i can now take the lead and it fits the screen with propper overscan and ratio

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
Originally Posted by oldpmaguy View Post
Is this optimized for 16:9 displays? I ask because I'm outputting 16:9 video to a 4:3 display and I'm getting a very squished output.

Granted, it's better than no output! But when a DVD player shows the same video on the same screen, it is able to get the aspect ratio correct, so I know it's possible.

Any way to make adjustments for those of us with old fashioned 4:3 TV sets?
:-)
use this simple script.http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=68264
you must create a file, paste the script and make it executable ( chmod +x ... ) . i assume you know how

Last edited by blue_led; 2011-01-19 at 17:19.