Notices

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
Just wondering if anyone has tethered a netbook to the n900 on AT&T's EDGE network? I know it'd be slow as hell, but just to have it useable in emergencies when i cant get to a wifi spot and i have to use my netbook. Either USB or wireless would be cool, but after jailbreaking my wife's iphone and seeing it wirelessly tether to her netbook, I can see how it'd benefit me as well. If anyone can point me in the right direction, It'd be appreciated.

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
You have two relatively easy options sir.

Joikuspot which will turn your N900 in to a fairly comprehensive access point. This is a commercial application, costs less than $20 USD.

The free option is called "Mobile Hotspot" - you can download this through the application installer - I forget which repository it is in though. It's not as feature filled as joikuspot, but it will do what you need. The user interface on this app is nice, very simple and intuitive.

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
What if I don't want a mobile hotspot but want to tether my N900 over bluetooth or USB?

Is it possible?