Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
Ok, so I'm a big Nightmare on Elm St fan. Like really big,( all the movies on dvd, even the crappy Freddy's Nighmares series, and even bough the real replica glove( from nightmaregloves.com, highly recommended), but i'm kinda torn about the remake. It has the look of the orginal a bit, but NO ROBERT ENGLUND. And i've read the script and its a bit wacky.... Any other loyalists out there?

Oh, and my love for the original Transfomers series wouldnt let me see either of recent movie abortions. I'm wondering, is Michael Bay trying to destroy my childhood?

Classics but I don't see how a remake would hold up in todays world... these movies were good becasue of the slasher genre... That kind of movie doesn't really go down so well nowadays.

Freddie vs Jason was the last one for me I think, it kept to it's roots. I think if Rob Zombie had re-done it then yes but alas I bet it's been, made into a 15 is a load of tripe

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
the trailer looks really good though!

thrailer for 2012 looked pretty good too...

I could be wrong though

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hampshire, UK
really unsure about the new version. I love the originals and own them all on DVD

There really hasnt been any good horrors/thrillers released that have scared me since the early Nightmare On Elm Streets, The Omen, Shining etc.