If like me you have a billion pictures on ya n900 then you'll know
its an arse to find particular pictures unless you organise them into
folders and then use the filter by folder option but that takes longer
than using file explorer?
Anyway... is there any other image viewing apps or just a way of
having all my folders show when i press pictures instead of every
image i have in a messy order? A bit like what mediabox does and
the old symbian phones. Press pictures, pick a folder, simple.
Nath

Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
I can't answer your question, but use 'tags' instead of folders, it's quicker to organise and find.

Originally Posted by richwhite View Post
I can't answer your question, but use 'tags' instead of folders, it's quicker to organise and find.
Your right it is slightly quicker but not what i want. there must be a 3rd party app that does it or something similar. Like i said, mediabox does do it but it doesn't work very well? Would it be hard for someone to develop this?

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
+1 for the tags. the best part is that almost every viewing program can read and search 'em....

(e: added couple words)
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Simply put, the UI for most handheld devices are made for dumb users by dumb developers (or to dumb development guidelines). Like setting a ringtone or a wallpaper on an S60vX phone one has to wait for the file browser to trawl through internal and "external" storage and then wade through the thousands of images or hundreds of songs to find something. There was a reason for the concept of directories in a filesystem.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by kureyon View Post
Simply put, the UI for most handheld devices are made for dumb users by dumb developers (or to dumb development guidelines). Like setting a ringtone or a wallpaper on an S60vX phone one has to wait for the file browser to trawl through internal and "external" storage and then wade through the thousands of images or hundreds of songs to find something. There was a reason for the concept of directories in a filesystem.
yes, folders are excellent if you need to find for example a photo from a dog....

did you btw know that you can filter pictures shown in built in application by tapping the title bar and choosing the option?
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@Kureyon: which perfect UI have you designed and implemented and how much success have you had with it?
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Glasgow
Something like this QT app (please let it see the light of day!) would be rather nice.

Photos UI is around 20 seconds in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r76QzQuKbp8&feature=fvsr

Last edited by MJGibb; 2010-11-05 at 21:12.

Originally Posted by MJGibb View Post
Something like this QT app (please let it see the light of day!) would be rather nice.

Photos UI is abround 20 seconds in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r76QzQuKbp8&feature=fvsr
Now thats better!

Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
yes, folders are excellent if you need to find for example a photo from a dog....

did you btw know that you can filter pictures shown in built in application by tapping the title bar and choosing the option?
Thats what i said at first, its too long winded to find a certain image?
I want to open pictures... choose a folder... and there they are. My folders are all in the images folder so it could be done so that only they show? And if there is images that arn't in folders just show them too! And maybe an option to just view all but we've got that already. I have the same beef with my music but thats not the topic here?