Posts: 66 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Pretoria, South Africa
Originally Posted by elemental View Post
Why you think it was the reason?? Do you have any source code of these backends? Emulators of PS1 was before PS2 and PSP, so I doubt. It's not true.
I think godofwar424 is talking about the emulation used within the ps2, ps3 and psp firmware/hardware making them backward compatible with ps1 games.

He stated clearly that backends (hardware backward compatibility) has impact on emulators, which is not true at all.

Sony emulate the PS1 somewhat well only because they bought VGS (one of the first PS1 emulators).

By the way, is there any chance we will see support for the original Game Boy in EmuMaster? That would be great

Hi, elemental!

What can you say about future of Amiga emulation part? Will it be updated in the next EmuMaster release?

I hope to see some kind of support for virtual keyboard on N9, because most Amiga games are unplayable without keyboard. And, yeah, bluetooth keyboard is solution but i don't want to carry it everywhere with me.

He stated clearly that backends (hardware backward compatibility) has impact on emulators, which is not true at all.
Nooo I just used the term back ends :P

Didn't mean it in that way, I meant it in the way that, Sony actually bought VGS (original ps1 emulator) as stated above, and then tweaked and optimised it, put money into it, then provided it into the PSP software ect.

Making PS1 emulation more documented.

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Out of curiousity, will future updates include N64 support? If so I would be more than happy to donate for your hard work!

I really want to play Super Smash Bros., Mario Kart 64, and 007 Goldeneye.. :P

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
I wanted to know what your feelings are about eventually porting EmuMaster to WP8, I know you probably wouldn't even begin to give it a thought for at least 6+ months from now.

Originally Posted by automagic68 View Post
I wanted to know what your feelings are about eventually porting EmuMaster to WP8, I know you probably wouldn't even begin to give it a thought for at least 6+ months from now.
I will take a look at WP8, but I can say that there is very low probability since probably it won't support Qt/QML which I like a lot.(BTW: for now Andorid is better than WP8 now for developer like me)
Qt/QML is what I really care about and Linux too. I would say there is no chance to see EmuMaster on WP8.

Last edited by elemental; 2012-06-23 at 13:11.

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Wisconsin
I will take a look at WP8, but I can say that there is very low probability since probably it won't support Qt/QML which I like a lot.(BTW: for now Andorid is better than WP8 now for developer like me)
Qt/QML is what I really care about and Linux too. I would say there is no chance to see EmuMaster on WP8.

What about symbian, I might get the pureview i would love to have emumaster on it

hi ,elemental
when will you realease the next version? will it have many suprises?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jamespiano For This Useful Post: