Notices

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Poland
Can somebody confirm that the beecon attached in file (or in previous post) shows strange text during charging?

Maybe someone knows why? Cause in test window this text is not there? where is it from?
Attached Files
File Type: txt Battery_beecon.txt (1.9 KB, 83 views)

Originally Posted by Robb View Post
Can somebody confirm that the beecon attached in file (or in previous post) shows strange text during charging?

Maybe someone knows why? Cause in test window this text is not there? where is it from?
I've been meaning to get back to you on this one; change the command to this:
Code:
hal-device bme | awk -F"[. ]" '$5 == "is_charging" {chrg = $7}; $5 == "percentage" {perc = $7} END if (chrg == "false") {print perc "%"; exit (perc>10 ? 0 : perc>3 ? 1 : 2)} else {print "Chrg"; exit 3}'
and also change the "Beecon Status Background colour >= 3" to #808080808080

The problem is that when on charge awk exits with 255 not -1 as you would expect, even so junk text should not be displayed even if it exits with 255.

This is a bug in QBW I would say. Create a QBW with the only command as:
Code:
exit 255
and you get the same error.

The Following User Says Thank You to JonWW For This Useful Post:
Posts: 146 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Poland
Originally Posted by JonWW View Post
I've been meaning to get back to you on this one;

snip...

The problem is that when on charge awk exits with 255 not -1 as you would expect, even so junk text should not be displayed even if it exits with 255.

This is a bug in QBW I would say. Create a QBW with the only command as:
Code:
exit 255
and you get the same error.
Thanks alot. I didn't notice that!
It's working now!

The Following User Says Thank You to Robb For This Useful Post:
dbus-send --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.HildonDesktop.AppMgr /com/nokia/HildonDesktop/AppMgr com.nokia.HildonDesktop.AppMgr.LaunchApplication string:"rtcom-call-ui"
its a command to Open Phone application
i need to Open Phone application in QBW from Calendar ( GO TO TASKS )
can this be done ???

Originally Posted by goetz View Post
With the existing calendar widgets there is always the drawback that tasks are not shown, or only one of them/the number of tasks. As the tasks are stored in a sqlite database and can be easily drawn from this database, I decided to create myself a simple widget showing the next tasks: the widget in the red box in the screenshot attached.

It's simple and displays the next 5 tasks with the following command, each task in a separate line:
Code:
sqlite3 /home/user/.calendar/calendardb 'select substr(Summary,0,30) from Components where ComponentType="2" order by DateStart limit 5;
If you would like to import this widget into QBW, please use the exported file calendar_tasks.txt attached to this post.

You can modify the number of tasks shown by changing the number after "limit", and you can change the line length of the ouput lines by modifying the "30" in the substr(....,30) call in the code snippet.

Disclaimer: Please be aware that this code snippet/widget accesses your calendar database. If you don't change the command, it shoud be a harmless read-only access, but there may be some issues when this command and the calendar app access the database at the same time. I will take no responsibility for your calendar databases if you use this command/widget!

Have fun!

Goetz
hi.
am very interested to put MY TASKS on my n900 desktop, i try your way but nothing happens, am wondering if i can create a qbw command so it will show me my calendar TASK
its very useful for me to check my TASK like to do list on the desktop, can this be done !?!?!?
thank you

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Mainz, Germany
Originally Posted by moudy91 View Post
hi.
am very interested to put MY TASKS on my n900 desktop, i try your way but nothing happens, am wondering if i can create a qbw command so it will show me my calendar TASK
As the tasks don't change very often, I have set the update strategy to only on clicking. Have you tried clicking the beecon after importing it and putting it to the desktop? Then it should show 5 tasks (if there are any).

But now there is a much better way: Calendar Home Widget can be set to display next calendar events, or calendar events and tasks, or only tasks. So you could use this widget to display your tasks on the desktop.

Originally Posted by goetz View Post
As the tasks don't change very often, I have set the update strategy to only on clicking. Have you tried clicking the beecon after importing it and putting it to the desktop? Then it should show 5 tasks (if there are any).

But now there is a much better way: Calendar Home Widget can be set to display next calendar events, or calendar events and tasks, or only tasks. So you could use this widget to display your tasks on the desktop.
yes i did install the calendar Home Widget its like the n900 original calendar and nothing happens, maybe i did something wrong , please can you explain to me step by step how to create this qbw command so i will display the task
thank you .

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Mainz, Germany
Originally Posted by moudy91 View Post
yes i did install the calendar Home Widget its like the n900 original calendar and nothing happens, maybe i did something wrong , please can you explain to me step by step how to create this qbw command so i will display the task
thank you .
Calendar Home Widget: Have you tried activating the task display in the widget's settings? Standard is to display calendar events only. The settings can be found via the small wrench-icon in the bottom left of the widget when the home-screen is in edit-mode (to modify widgets). For further discussion on this widget, I advise to move the discussion to the Calendar Home Widget thread.

As for importing and setting up the QBW task widget, please have a look at the wiki (referenced in the first post of this thread).

Originally Posted by biggzy View Post
So far iv done a date widget and a memory widget..

Attachment 10934

The mem widget shows (left > right) RootFS, Mass Mem, Mem Card.
WHat is your Media Player widget? did you build that too?

Originally Posted by No!No!No!Yes! View Post
Why not:
PHP Code:
if [ "$QBW_EXEC_REASON== "QBW_STARTUP_UPDATE" ]; then
/usr/bin/fmtx_client -p$(if [ $(cut -d. -f1 /proc/uptime ) -lt 100 ]; then echo 0; else /usr/bin/fmtx_client | /bin/grep -'^state=enabled' ; echo $? ; fi) | /usr/bin/awk -"=" '($1=="state") {print $2}' && echo "echo 118 > /sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-2/2-0063/power_level" sudo gainroot | echo ""

echo "OFF";
    exit 
0;
fi;

if [ 
"$QBW_CURRENT_RESULTS_TEXT== "ON" ]; then
/usr/bin/fmtx_client -p$(if [ $(cut -d. -f1 /proc/uptime ) -lt 100 ]; then echo 0; else /usr/bin/fmtx_client | /bin/grep -'^state=enabled' ; echo $? ; fi) | /usr/bin/awk -"=" '($1=="state") {print $2}'

echo "OFF";
    exit 
0;
else
/
usr/bin/fmtx_client -p$(if [ $(cut -d. -f1 /proc/uptime ) -lt 100 ]; then echo 0; else /usr/bin/fmtx_client | /bin/grep -'^state=enabled' ; echo $? ; fi) | /usr/bin/awk -"=" '($1=="state") {print $2}'

echo "ON";
    exit 
1;
fi
Hi is there a way to display the currently selected 'FM transmit' eg. 99.3