Active Topics

Originally Posted by ssjmec View Post
yup I know how to flash, and reflashing doesnt help. and you meant on "reflash completely" is simply doing the " flasher -F rootfs.bin -f " right?
You should flash the eMMC image also, but it sounds like the problem here is something else - which image are you using to flash? Did it successfully flash the entire image?

Originally Posted by Iipe View Post
I had the same problem. Rebooting didn't help. Removing the entries for SDK and community repositories from /etc/apt/sources.list.d/* solved the problem.
Can someone please elaborate on how to do the steps above exactly...?

Originally Posted by itsnotabigtruck View Post
You should flash the eMMC image also, but it sounds like the problem here is something else - which image are you using to flash? Did it successfully flash the entire image?
Yup, it finishes flashing and says SW update success. but when I remove the cable and the phone boots, it displays this: warnning! you have modified the device software, making the warranty permanently void. etc etc.

as for flashing the eMMC, ive not done this before because I dunno what is the eMMC file. the rootfs is the one with legacy on its filename, right? so which one is the eMMC?

btw thanks for replying

PS and im flashing the image for 059J232, 64GB black

Originally Posted by ssjmec View Post
Yup, it finishes flashing and says SW update success. but when I remove the cable and the phone boots, it displays this: warnning! you have modified the device software, making the warranty permanently void. etc etc.

as for flashing the eMMC, ive not done this before because I dunno what is the eMMC file. the rootfs is the one with legacy on its filename, right? so which one is the eMMC?

btw thanks for replying

PS and im flashing the image for 059J232, 64GB black
If you fire up NaviFirm+ and select Nokia Care Suite as the server, there's a second .bin file which has EMMC in the name - this is the eMMC image. It's a good idea to flash it when leaving open mode to ensure there isn't anything left behind that would cause problems in closed mode.

However, flashing the main .bin ought to be enough to take it back into closed mode and get rid of the disclaimer message - so this is quite strange. I already experienced this type of problem myself and doing the full flash with the PR1.2 001 firmware did the trick.

Singapore, 005. Updated via NSU. Everything seemed fine but lost all my apps (had a backup), tried to restore, got something back but basically no items from the store come back so redownloading one by one. Quite unfortunate but phone feels snappy.

Originally Posted by cincibluer6 View Post
Singapore, 005. Updated via NSU. Everything seemed fine but lost all my apps (had a backup), tried to restore, got something back but basically no items from the store come back so redownloading one by one. Quite unfortunate but phone feels snappy.
NSU flashes your phone, which resets the rootfs (contains all your apps) - so that's definitely something to keep in mind next time. It might be a good idea to keep .debs around for your favorite apps for rapid installation.

If you fire up NaviFirm+ and select Nokia Care Suite as the server, there's a second .bin file which has EMMC in the name - this is the eMMC image. It's a good idea to flash it when leaving open mode to ensure there isn't anything left behind that would cause problems in closed mode.

However, flashing the main .bin ought to be enough to take it back into closed mode and get rid of the disclaimer message - so this is quite strange. I already experienced this type of problem myself and doing the full flash with the PR1.2 001 firmware did the trick.
this is strange, before, everytime I run navifirm it only shows the rootfs.bin. but now it showed the eMMC file together with other files. Before, I only got the signature.bin, two simlock.bin and the rootfs itself. Now there's 14 files to download. Maybe the missing files are the reason? I hope so. will give it a try. long dl'ing though.

NSU flashes your phone, which resets the rootfs (contains all your apps) - so that's definitely something to keep in mind next time. It might be a good idea to keep .debs around for your favorite apps for rapid installation.
Ahhhh...well there you have it. Thanks for the update. I wanted to do OTA but after hitting the refresh button 10 times and no change, I decided to just do NSU.
Thanks again though. I'll keep that in mind when 1.3 rolls around.

Yesterday I downloaded full package for OTA updating my Nokia N9 PR 1.2 but I could not finish the update at all. For freeing disc space I already uninstalled many programs and a disk space free for installation now is 1.6 GB but still not successful I do not know why ? please somebody help and how much free disc must be in order to update nokia PR 1.1 to 1.2 ? Thank you for somebody valuable support !

Originally Posted by Maj3stic View Post
OTA in Canada just backing up, and then updating!
Dear friend !

How much free disk space do you have before updating ? The limit for installation is 4.2 GB so how much from this limit 4.2 Gb do you have before updating ?