Notices

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by seanmcken View Post
im sorry im noob plz tell me how to do it exactly
I think Estel want to say to you that this function is not yet implemented. So there is no way for a normal user to change it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sbock For This Useful Post:
Posts: 48 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Is there a way to disable the annoying rotating to portrait mode?

The Following User Says Thank You to LavaCroft For This Useful Post:
Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
@pali....

before you release latest version on OMP might i suggest you fixed two main bug in OMP....

1. Video playback bug (video files will become unknown song after you press the playback button on the bottom right)....

2. Album Playlist bug (keep showing the same playlist album even if you have change to listen to other album...the album art change but the list not)...

Last edited by pusak gaoq; 2012-04-19 at 06:52.

The Following User Says Thank You to pusak gaoq For This Useful Post:
I know that Pali is one-man-army (with freemangordon, so it's two-man-army ), but AFAIK gdizzz is current maintainer of OMP.

As for bugs You've mentioned, they were reported and acknowledged (+explained) many times already.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
I probably need some time to re-familiarise myself with the code, but may I suggest using plugins to handle lyrics? Even for local storage.

Here's an example project that uses .so files for "providers":
https://gitorious.org/qt-mediaplayer/lyricsviewer

(GPLv3)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 9 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Bingol, Turkey
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
I probably need some time to re-familiarise myself with the code, but may I suggest using plugins to handle lyrics? Even for local storage.

Here's an example project that uses .so files for "providers":
https://gitorious.org/qt-mediaplayer/lyricsviewer

(GPLv3)
Thanks... I really wait...

hi ive noticed a bug recently thought i'll let you guys know. when using OMP and playing music if i try to select a certain song from the file manager to play it doesnt open in OMP basically nothing happens! can someone double check to see if its not just my N900 which is doing this!

Posts: 140 | Thanked: 369 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ituzaingo, Argentina
hi, i don't like to bump post, nor either quote myself, but, is there any chance to implement the features sugested by me previously in this post

Originally Posted by Harick View Post
hi, i have to tell you MAG, you already know this, but you are one of the few that keeps our little old device out of being obsolete

thank you very very much for this

anyway, i use a lot my mediaplayer, and even when i'm full of curiosity about this open media player, i don't want to tempt fate and spend a few days without music, that's why i didn't try this app yet

but there are a two features that i would like to see and i think (for what i read in this thread and in gitorious) that are not present yet (please ignore them if they are already present, but as i said, i didn't test it yet)

1- a "now playing" notification, yes, i know there is already an app for this, but it's really slow and IMHO an "email like" is not the proper way to display a notification.
what i want to see it's something like this (quoting your own post)

2- an open, customizable, and embedded version of locked media player control, the last gift from qwerty12, it's really useful and i guess you could do it configurable and for those who don't want it could be even disabled

so, that are the 2 features i think they are a must, again, please ignore if they are already present, and if are not, could you implement them?

also, another bug fix/request. when we create a playlist greater than 24 hours, for example, 26hours and 30 minutes. the original media player shows 1day 2:30hs, but omp shows 26:30hs.

sorry for my bad english.

Last edited by Harick; 2012-04-23 at 15:44.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Harick For This Useful Post:
To everyone having problems with configuration not being saved: post the output of "ls -ld /home/user/.config/MohammadAG/" and "ls -l /home/user/.config/MohammadAG/mediaplayer.conf".

Originally Posted by K9999 View Post
gidzzz mate! is it possible to add rotation option in the setting? (Portrait/Landscape/Auto). thanx for keeping this application alive.
The last time I tried, I had little success with. Maybe I forgot to turn off Hildon's forced rotation, or maybe I didn't know what I was doing, I think it was late at night. But I'll try again for sure.

Originally Posted by BrX View Post
It is possible to add auto-closing or pausing OMP after chosen period of time, for example 15 minutes? It is smth like sleeper feature in OMP. That would be nice to include it in OMP, especially auto-close.
Yes, maybe in the next release.

Originally Posted by pusak gaoq View Post
1. Video playback bug (video files will become unknown song after you press the playback button on the bottom right)....

2. Album Playlist bug (keep showing the same playlist album even if you have change to listen to other album...the album art change but the list not)...
Number one should be fixed now. I'm chasing number two for quite some time, unfortunately it always gets me with my pants down. If you find a way to reproduce it reliably, let me know, as I'd have a bigger chance of tracking down the reason.

Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Looks like the best way to make everyone happy. I'll give it a try sometime in the future (unless you pick it up by then, so let me know if there's some work in progress).

Originally Posted by romiiio View Post
hi ive noticed a bug recently thought i'll let you guys know. when using OMP and playing music if i try to select a certain song from the file manager to play it doesnt open in OMP basically nothing happens! can someone double check to see if its not just my N900 which is doing this!
Maybe you've got something strange in "/usr/share/dbus-1/services/com.nokia.mediaplayer.service". Run "openmediaplayer" from terminal and see if it spits out anything interesting after an attempt to open a file.

Or maybe you've got "Append opened songs" checked in the settings? But that would at least cause OMP's window to take focus...

Just uploaded a new version to the repositories:
  • Added support for pausing/resuming when headset is connected/disconnected.
  • Added a notification for library updates.
  • Massive speed improvements for some lists (no more lag when searching).
  • Implemented resuming a video by clicking the playback indicator.
  • Somehow more reliable way of getting metadata when playing videos.
  • Fixed a problem with keyboard grabbing.
  • Fixed playback indicator sometimes not reappearing.
  • Fixed null objects being added to the playlist when selecting a video from the categories view.
  • Updated translations. Thanks to new contributors: qingxianhao for Chinese and hobarrera for Spanish.

Last edited by gidzzz; 2012-04-29 at 19:43. Reason: Pause/resume of course works for both Bluetooth and wire

The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
HI gidzzz thanks for your reply i did unchecked the appendopened songs and now its working fine!
I have a request is it possible to have auto playback starting when headphones are plugged in and OMP opens up! similarly how we have headphone removing stops playback could be extended to remove headphones closes OMP!
Just a little idea i had as i plug in and out headphone alot but then i have to manually start and close everytime but if we can do above it would be brilliant!

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse