Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
That's the ubiboot kernel, you need to flash it to your device.
Have you read the ubiboot documentation http://www.swagman.org/juice/ubiboot/README ?
Thank you. So i've flashed the open mode kernel first, now i have to flash that kernel with in the same way?
I have also prepared all the nitdroid files and the boot folders.

I followed the steps here:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Ubiboot#When_N..._A_Fresh_Flash

and

/boot should contain:

zImage_2.6.32.54-openmode_l2fix
zImage.pr13
zImage (which by now, has been renamed to “zImage_e-yes_nitdroid+l2fix”, without the quotes)
zImage-2.6.32.54-dfl61-20121301 (Optional)

edit: i'm reading the README file, i haven't found it before

Last edited by claustn; 2016-10-19 at 21:59.

The Following User Says Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
ok. i didn't start from a fresh flash, is it a problem? i removed the folders .accounts , .aegis and so on and then installed the open kernel.
Now, before i flash the ubiboot kernel i must be sure to have the .conf file with correct paths.

# The first OS is usually Nitdroid.
# This section lists the Nitdroid specific switches and kernels
G_OS1_NUM=3
G_OS1_AUTOBOOT=0
G_OS1_PARTITION=2 i have no partitions, is it ok?
G_OS1_NAME="Nitdroid"
G_OS1_1_LABEL="Eyes zImage.pr13 kernel"
G_OS1_1_FILE="/boot/Nitdroid/boot/zImage.pr13"
G_OS1_2_LABEL="E-yes's L2Fix Nitdroid image"
G_OS1_2_FILE="/boot/Nitdroid/boot/zImage_e-yes_nitdroid+l2fix" in my /boot/ folder i have 2 files: zImage_e-yes_nitdroid+l2fix and zImage_2.6.32.54-openmode_l2fix , is enough?
G_OS1_3_LABEL="E-yes Kernel with ADB/USB"
G_OS1_3_FILE="/boot/Nitdroid/boot/zImage_adb_usb" i don't have the /boot/nitdroid/ folder yet , i have the /home/nitdroid folder with the extracted image of nitdroid
G_OS1_4_LABEL=""
G_OS1_4_FILE=""
G_OS1_5_LABEL=""
G_OS1_5_FILE=""
G_OS1_6_LABEL=""
G_OS1_6_FILE=""

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by claustn View Post
ok. i didn't start from a fresh flash, is it a problem? i removed the folders .accounts , .aegis and so on and then installed the open kernel.
Now, before i flash the ubiboot kernel i must be sure to have the .conf file with correct paths.

# The first OS is usually Nitdroid.
# This section lists the Nitdroid specific switches and kernels
G_OS1_NUM=3
G_OS1_AUTOBOOT=0
G_OS1_PARTITION=2 i have no partitions, is it ok?
G_OS1_NAME="Nitdroid"
G_OS1_1_LABEL="Eyes zImage.pr13 kernel"
G_OS1_1_FILE="/boot/Nitdroid/boot/zImage.pr13"
G_OS1_2_LABEL="E-yes's L2Fix Nitdroid image"
G_OS1_2_FILE="/boot/Nitdroid/boot/zImage_e-yes_nitdroid+l2fix" in my /boot/ folder i have 2 files: zImage_e-yes_nitdroid+l2fix and zImage_2.6.32.54-openmode_l2fix , is enough?
G_OS1_3_LABEL="E-yes Kernel with ADB/USB"
G_OS1_3_FILE="/boot/Nitdroid/boot/zImage_adb_usb" i don't have the /boot/nitdroid/ folder yet , i have the /home/nitdroid folder with the extracted image of nitdroid
G_OS1_4_LABEL=""
G_OS1_4_FILE=""
G_OS1_5_LABEL=""
G_OS1_5_FILE=""
G_OS1_6_LABEL=""
G_OS1_6_FILE=""
1.) If you only want to have Harmattan & Nitdroid, then you do not need to do anything for partitioning.
Both OS'es live on the same partition.

2.) Yes, those kernels are enough for you

3.) The config file format "/boot/<osname>/boot/" is from the point-of-view of the multiboot manager which starts itself on a separate ramdisk and mounts the device filesystems in its own hierarchy.
In other words, no, you do not need to do anything, it is correct.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Ubiboot kernel working, meego works with openmode kernel but android doesn't work with the kernel i have, someone has the right file? No message, only black screen

edit: found the right kernel, now android works!!

Last edited by claustn; 2016-10-20 at 18:53.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Ubiboot kernel working, meego works with openmode kernel but android doesn't work with the kernel i have, someone has the right file? No message, only black screen
This one should work; http://www.swagman.org/juice/zImage_nitdroid+l2fix

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
last edit, meego works but! the transition now are black, if i swype to close an app the app disappear and reappear only if i swype back. Is there a fix?
i see that the problem is present only with system apps

Last edited by claustn; 2016-10-20 at 20:56.

last edit, meego works but! the transition now are black, if i swype to close an app the app disappear and reappear only if i swype back. Is there a fix?
i see that the problem is present only with system apps
I do not remember having that kind of behaviour but it seems consistent with all kinds of unstability related to entering open mode directly without a clean flash.

For this reason I always recommend back-to-back closedmode-openmode flashing, even when it means you have to back up everything and reinstalll applications afterwards.

ok thanks, is what i've guessed. I will do it in the near future. Should i remove the ubiboot kernel to perform a fresh flash?

ok thanks, is what i've guessed. I will do it in the near future. Should i remove the ubiboot kernel to perform a fresh flash?
When you do a full flash (either OS&EMMC or just*OS) your ubiboot configuration gets wiped by the flash, no need to remove anything.

Did you get my previous reference to back-to-back flashing? that is just about the only way to enter open mode without any problems later.

The reason for that is that when a device in closed mode is opened, there are lots of places where it still has closed-mode aegis credentials used, which will not work in open mode. These are something which are created it the first boot of a fresh device and used ever after from that instant.

How to avoid this is to make sure the device never gets the chance to boot in closed mode after fresh flashing. This sounds contradictory as fresh flashing always puts the device in closed mode... but there is a fix to do it

You need to do it so;
1.) Prepare the device for fresh flashing, but also have an open mode kernel ready.
2.) When you give the command to flash the device, have either another console open waiting to flash the openmode kernel or have the command in sequence. What you want to do, is immediately enter kernel flashing command when the first flashing is done, without waiting between the commands for the device to boot up
3.) After doing this, the device boots up the first time, and already has the open-mode kernel, hence it creates all aegis keys in Open Mode and avoids all the problems described earlier

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: