Posts: 141 | Thanked: 267 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Germany
Hi,
the update of my old mythtv-installation from 0.23 to 0.25.3 gives me the chance to rewrite my old version of mythremote based on the new service api of mythtv.
At the moment the program is in a very early stage and a lot of features are still missing, but before I focus to much on my needs/setting, I need some guys with mythtv >= 0.25 and a N9/N950, who are interested in testing and giving feedback what's missing/not working.

Features implemented so far:
remote control
overview of recordings, play recordings on frontend, play on device (mplayer needs to be installed), delete recordings

planned features:
search/filter recordings and videos
same features for videos
scheduling tv (may be)

Please PM me or leave a message in this thread, I will try to get a deb-file up as soon as possible.

EmaNymton

P.S.: little preview on youtube
http://youtu.be/HXXp3Os1g2E

Download from

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/107743837/mythremote0.25.zip

Extract the file in /home/user and change your frontend /backend ip in mythremote.py at the bottom of this file.
Make sure python-lxml and python-pyside.qtopengl is installed, otherwise install it.

Then start it by

Code:
Code:
python mythremote.py

Last edited by EmaNymton; 2013-02-21 at 09:36.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EmaNymton For This Useful Post:
I can check it out. I run git checkouts, 0.27 pre. In that video, are the backend and frontend on the same machine? My setup isn't nearly as fast as that!

The Following User Says Thank You to jflatt For This Useful Post:
Thanks for your offer, I'll try to upload a usable version till the end of the week!
Backend and frontend are on different machines, connected via wlan.

The Following User Says Thank You to EmaNymton For This Useful Post:
Works great on 0.27pre, much faster than my IR remote. A cool feature would be using the HLS streaming

The Following User Says Thank You to jflatt For This Useful Post:
Thanks for your feedback! I'm very busy at the moment, but HLS streaming is one of the features I'll try to implement.

I'd love to give it a go. Where do I get the deb?

Sorry, no deb-file atm because I'm short of time, but I added a link in the first post, but you have to start it manually via terminal.