Notices

Thanks, Gnuite, for addressing my Holux GPSlim 240 issue. Unfortunately, at the moment the 2.0.2 version is giving a blank page on garage, but I hope to try it out later when it works!

Posts: 354 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ New York
Originally Posted by mplawner View Post
Thanks, Gnuite, for addressing my Holux GPSlim 240 issue. Unfortunately, at the moment the 2.0.2 version is giving a blank page on garage, but I hope to try it out later when it works!
mplawner: Try this link.

https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_...elease_id=1049

first, https://garage.maemo.org/frs/downloa....0.2_armel.deb is somehow an empty file, can't update to 2.0.2. maybe a garage problem.

second, the repo download doesn't work, it got broken with 2.0.1, in 2.0 it was fine. in the source, the url points to "http://192.168.1.2:8080/../repos.txt" instead of gnuite.com/../repos.txt. src/maps.c, line 1589.

good job on 2.0 btw

Posts: 469 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montana
Is anyone else having trouble "dowloading" the additional map repositories? When I go into Mangage Repositories -> "Download..." I just get:

"An error occurred while retrieving the repositories. The web service may be temporarily down"

I have connected via WIFI and have been trying for a couple days now..

Originally Posted by jmk View Post
Bug?: If i open a bluetooth connection to phone before i start Maemo Mapper it doesn't find my bluetooth GPS receiver. So you need to start Maemo Mapper before opening internet via mobile phone. When Maemo Mapper is running you can disconnect and reconnect both phone and GPS bluetooth connection in any order and everything works fine.
This is a bug in v2.0 and v2.0.1. Try v2.0.2.

Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
I installed 2.01 as soon as it was in the repo, deleted my maps, deleted the mm map repos, but got stuck on the download. It said (and still says) 'An error occured while retrieving the repositories. The web service may be temporarily down.' I've used only the openstreet maps since yesterday, but since nobody else seem to have reported any issues with the download I think there must be something else wrong (than just the site being down). Any ideas?
D'oh, I broke that button in v2.0.1. It's broken in v2.0.2 as well. I'll fix it in v2.0.3 ASAP.

Originally Posted by hawkfanz View Post
The restart fixed the GPS connection problem for me but for some reason my zooms are only going to levels 0, 4, and 8. It skips all between levels. How do I fix this?
Sounds like your View Zoom Steps is set to 4 bars. Check the "Manage Repositories" dialog.

Originally Posted by ffarber View Post
I apologize if this has been reported before but I did not get a chance to read all the posts. My bug is that MM 2.01 crashes every time I try and open a saved track. I have tried it with tracks created by 1.xx and by 2.0 (not with tracks created with 2.01). Is this expected behavior because of the zooming changes?
The zoom changes shouldn't cause these crashes. I'll look into it.

Originally Posted by ffarber View Post
Also, I treid to download 2.02 from the link above and just got a blank page.
I'm as confused as you are. All downloads in the Garage appear to be broken. ???

Last edited by gnuite; 2007-11-05 at 16:01.

Originally Posted by xxM5xx View Post
I got this one too. "An error occured while retrieving the repositories. The web service may be temporarily down."

My solution was to manually insert the URL for Google Streets and Virtual Earth Streets. I do not know the URL for the others (satellite imagery maps and Hybrid maps) so I don't have them for now. MM 1.4x spoiled me with all those other maps to chose from, MM 2.0.1 only gave me OpenStreets until I manually typed in the URL for the other two mentioned above.
Until the repository web service is working again in v2.x, you can use the Maemo Mapper Repositories thread in these forums. It's not as convenient, but all the data is there.

Originally Posted by gnuite View Post
If you're not sure how to do something, try looking in the Help file first
Such good advice - I was convinced my download maps by area was broken, because I assumed the area should be the display area.

As is properly documented, you select the area as the last two points visited, e.g. click to center on the diagonal corners you want, and that's your area. I'm not sure off-hand how this could be clearer without resorting to documentation, as you have...

Good work with 2.0 - sorry for some of the avoidable hassle we users generate, and you should be proud of your creation. I'm looking forward to diving into the codebase some time and supplying patch upgrades...