Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
I accrued Redkarma's N900 witch now brings me to the point that i actually have the "surplus" to experiment with other OS's and such, not wanting to have to flash/restore my primary N900 as i use it for EVERYTHING.

Funny that as long as their is no REAL successor to the N900 i keep getting more , my third now (sold the second one).

So i ask my fellow maemo power users what would be nice to have on it.
I have already ordered a 8GB FAST Sandisk MicroSD card to install extra OS's on, i have Uboot on it and it works.

One last thing when it is in Offline Mode and not used very much it SERIOUSLY holds power!!!, 48Hours now and has dropped 10% only (REAL %, you know me ), it is using my old Dual "christgift" 2500mAh battery that i made along time ago and sold to Redkarma

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Maemo on eMMC/SD should be a start.

WRT hardware mods, I2C compasses? Internal USB hub? Smart dual battery system?

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
Ubuntu arm.. I think ubuntu will make a mobile os!
or turn it into a media/gaming center with usb tv tuner and joypads
try increasing the ram/cpu on it lol
make it louder lol
smallest http server

De-install browserd and see what happens ... at least that is what I want to do soon

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
I have been installing Nemo on my extra N900. It works well but there is a great software void... kind of boring to use with no apps.

I use mine as a media box, keeping it plugged to the TV. While Minidlna works well for music, I prefer using real audio and video cables and controlling over the network with VNC.

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Some good suggestions so far, i have a media centre so no need there, i often think about using it with an USB Harddisk as a NAS.

Is there any OS besides NitDroid that can be used to do cool stuff, what are your experiences with kubuntu/ubuntu 12.04 on the N900?

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
oh hey!!
I got it! something I've thought about doing with mine.. but dont have the big man balls to do it!
Youtube video of N900 destruction!
Like this guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYrOTV801rs

You'll be a legend for sure!

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Don't forget to solder the usb port if you cant then i know a man on here who can hehehe.(he hangs around here somewhere and he is from Denmark )

Good luck and enjoy.

i just registered here to suggest if you can make 2 USB ports or different headphones port ? possible ?

thanks

.loh

Tags
extra n900, what to do