Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Whats tv-b-gone? A widget to put tv to sleep?

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by vir3us View Post
Whats tv-b-gone? A widget to put tv to sleep?
Yes, like the hardware fob of the same name, it transmits most known power-off commands for several brands of TVs in a long burst. The current version does something like 200+ codes in about 15 seconds, and shuts all but a few brands off. Handy for turning off overly-loud TVs in sports bars if you don't care for them.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Not to mention, that I eternally love TV-Bgone developer for that. Was a "sanity saver" in many waiting longues, and I have yet to see a TV that doesn't GTFO after we use our "ultimate IR pentesting" tool on it.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:

The Following User Says Thank You to eight For This Useful Post:
Sorry for continuing OT, but this thing looks like a Patriot battery... Anyway, they've also had a sniper-rifle model, must try it with N900 IR:
http://imakeprojects.com/Projects/tv-sniper/

Maybe we should start a separate thread for that?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
- Edit -
Estel's following post kinda invalidates this concern, so I rescind my comment.
- /Edit -

@Pali: I would like to insist once again that unless you can succesfully get power49 unstuck from the extras-devel repository, the only good course of action is to re-upload the kernel-power packages under a different name.

The current situation is simply abysmally bad, and no amount of concern about 'forking' can possibly rationally justify it, in my opinion.

Just think about the progress made from version power42 to power49 - and then consider that the majority of users use (or should ideally have no incentive not to use) the extras repository.

I have to instruct users of aircrack-ng who get their packages from extras to do f'ed up package-fetching/manual-install voodoo just to get injection drivers working, which didn't have power-kernel support officially until power46-wl/power47.

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2012-01-24 at 19:20. Reason: Estel's following post invalidated this kinda.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Normally I would agree, but - considering, that we're setting up alternative repos for CSSU and KP - forking now would be bad idea (Mentalist, please read last few pages of "Ash the Council" thread. No accusing, just providing source ).

*If*, for some reasons, setting up independent repos would fail, forking can be always considered as fallback.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
@Pali: I would like to insist once again that unless you can succesfully get power49 unstuck from the extras-devel repository, the only good course of action is to re-upload the kernel-power packages under a different name.

The current situation is simply abysmally bad, and no amount of concern about 'forking' can possibly rationally justify it, in my opinion.

Just think about the progress made from version power42 to power49 - and then consider that the majority of users use (or should ideally have no incentive not to use) the extras repository.

I have to instruct users of aircrack-ng who get their packages from extras to do f'ed up package-fetching/manual-install voodoo just to get injection drivers working, which didn't have power-kernel support officially until power46-wl/power47.
Well, plans so far are KP to became community-kernel, part of the CSSU. Might take a while though as wlan oops bug needs to be smashed first

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
@freemangordon

My limited testing has shown that the bt-mice patch is the culprit behind bluetooth headsets not working issue. I built KP49 without this patch and Nokia BH214 is working well now.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rajil.s For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Well, plans so far are KP to became community-kernel, part of the CSSU. Might take a while though as wlan oops bug needs to be smashed first
THIS+9000

Fork that **** right now, get it uploaded as community kernel, pali's bro kernel, kernel maximiser, ANYTHING.

It would be so easy and would solve so much...

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou