Originally Posted by Linear2202 View Post
The built in Opera browser works for most websites, but still suffers from rendering problems; there are also issues with more advanced sites.
The last I heard, mircob was not yet functional on the 770 HE OS, but is supposed to be ready when the next release is out.
microB does *not* work on 770 w/2007HE

having just retired my 700p i can tell you that the opera browser on the 770 beats the *cr*p* out of anything that i used on the palmos

i am looking forward to using datebook6 and my ***SLINGBOX****
again!

I have to wait until tonite to hotsync when i get home.... waiting patiently....

Originally Posted by prk60091 View Post
microB does *not* work on 770 w/2007HE

having just retired my 700p i can tell you that the opera browser on the 770 beats the *cr*p* out of anything that i used on the palmos

i am looking forward to using datebook6 and my ***SLINGBOX****
again!

I have to wait until tonite to hotsync when i get home.... waiting patiently....
I'm real curious to see how you would hotsync the VM. And, once hotsynced, can you then hotsync it with the local GPE apps to get all that legacy data back onto the Nokia?

Originally Posted by unique311 View Post
Not really sure, but the internet doesn't work when the vm is actually running.
Ran an app thats capable of online multiplayer.
and it complained that a connection could not be made.
think it only works for the wifi hotsync feature.

will do some more homework on this.
That's interesting because I tossed on a copy of Web Pro I had on my SD card from my T|X and I was able to access websites fine. Maybe only certain ports are allowed access?

The network-aware applications I've installed work just fine, including GoogleMaps.prc.

Originally Posted by Benson View Post
Anyone know where a good graffiti cheat sheet is?
Swipe the stylus from the writing area to the top of the screen.

Originally Posted by GreySim View Post
Swipe the stylus from the writing area to the top of the screen.
Sweet!

Thanks

Posts: 225 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ some where on earth
okay i'm sorry why would someone want palm on n810 or n800??????

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Sacramento, California
Because it opens up our limited software base to 1,000's of other applications. For example, I finally have a decent bible program on the N800 even though the display resolution of 320x480 sucks.

The bible program I tried on the N800 (Rapier) is horrible and slow. This thing runs circles around it and it's running through a virtual machine. Sad.

And, the speed of the Virtual Machine is much faster than the Palm emulator that is released in the garage.maemo.org That thing is slooooowwww. This one is fast, see for yourself:

We are running at approximately 190MHz in the Palm world which is very fast and responsive.

Now, again, if we could just do something for full screen then it would be totally awesome.

Originally Posted by Sadavyk View Post
Because I've been carrying both my old Palm T3 _and_ the N800 since I bought the N800 ten months ago, since there is no equivalent software for the N800 for some of the things I use the Palm for. Now I run it on the N800 instead. The final remaining important application is the Palm Calendar, which is a more advanced version of the DateBook in GarnetVM, but in any case I'm not certain it's really feasible to use the GVM DateBook for alarms.

Oh, and there's still AvantGo on the Palm.. I will probably try, but I suspect it's one of those which won't work in GVM. I can do without it though, because a) reading news by other means is so much easier on the N800 to start with, and b) I have a Plan for getting AvantGo on the N800. Eventually.

Garnet on the N800 doesn't work for me. Installed the 810 version on my 800 running OS2008 and it works fine without any apps. Once I installed some apps, it hangs my N800 when you try to boot it up. Once I uninstalled it, the N800 boots normally.

Tags
garnet, palm