Posts: 149 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Istanbul,Turkey
I did everything correct but N9 will automatically booting to Harmattan.I can't see any OS choice.Should I reflash ubiboot or moslo kernel again ?

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Greece
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Okay, from the log I can see that the last 2 times you loaded Harmattan the kernel was found correctly. (before that I guess you had a name or location problem since ubiboot did not find the zImage_2.6.32.54-openmode_l2fix kernel.

Now, as kernel is found but refuses to boot there are several possibilities.
Most often this is caused by problem in your preinit, and rare occasions it is mixup in the kernel modules.

Did you install the preinits.tar which contains preinit files for Harmattan, Nitdroid and Firefox?
If you did, can you check if the preinit files in /sbin/ have execute permissions?
If you did not, you should install the preinits.
If you do not have Nitdroid or FirefoxOS on your device, there's a quick hack you can do; Just copy the existing Harmattan preinit to a new name;
cp /sbin/preinit /sbin/preinit_harmattan

(of course you can also change the preinit name in your ubiboot.conf but for consistency's sake I'd like to use the postfixed preinits with ubiboot...)
ok! i got preinits.tar from here http://wiki.maemo.org/Ubiboot
and now it works!
thank you!

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by trayhoper View Post
I did everything correct but N9 will automatically booting to Harmattan.I can't see any OS choice.Should I reflash ubiboot or moslo kernel again ?
If you thought you installed ubiboot but can not see any menus, then you have managed to flash incorrectly. If you have ubiboot you will always boot up into the graphical menu or maintanance console.
(okay, of course there's also the 3rd choice, if you have power OFF and you connect the device to charger then it will boot up to charging mode but that's a different story...)

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by someoneleme View Post
ok! i got preinits.tar from here http://wiki.maemo.org/Ubiboot
and now it works!
thank you!
Something to add: I was having the same problem, but I'd just forgotten to make the file executable. If you copy it onto the emmc then copy it into /sbin, it may end up like that. So if someone has the same problem, do:

Code:
chmod +x /sbin/preinit_harmattan
from a root terminal.

The Following User Says Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 54 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Catalonia
Sorry, is there any central place (blog, forum, website, etc) like nitdroid to know what is the lastest build of sailfish os for N9 and know what works, what not and what are the things people is working at?

The Following User Says Thank You to epertinez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 418 | Thanked: 506 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by epertinez View Post
Sorry, is there any central place (blog, forum, website, etc) like nitdroid to know what is the lastest build of sailfish os for N9 and know what works, what not and what are the things people is working at?
I try to gather the most useful in the bottom of the first post.
If you have more info please share

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flotron For This Useful Post:
Posts: 121 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ India
does any one have a youtube tutorials or any noob guides for windows. I almost flashed my n9 more than 10 times to get sailfish working but no luck. if anyone can tell after flash moslo kernel should i flash ubiboot or shall i direclt move to step W and then flash ubiboot. or any other option. i am not getting ubiboot menu

This has been discussed already !!!
You can't fully install Sailfish on N9 under windows !

EDIT: My bad ! Yes you can do it under Windows just follow the link 'tutorial' in the first post

Last edited by Mric; 2013-12-10 at 21:48. Reason: miskate

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by jinnn_1989 View Post
does any one have a youtube tutorials or any noob guides for windows. I almost flashed my n9 more than 10 times to get sailfish working but no luck. if anyone can tell after flash moslo kernel should i flash ubiboot or shall i direclt move to step W and then flash ubiboot. or any other option. i am not getting ubiboot menu
Actually, believe me but it does not really matter in which order you do the installs. You can make it work many ways...

Posts: 418 | Thanked: 506 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Argentina
is it possible to falsh sailfish only? without multiboot?

Tags
jolla, nokia, sailfish