Active Topics

hi

on all the other n series phones i used in the past i could play music aswell as talk on the phone or playback a recording to one of my callers but N900 keeps saying audio is in use by another application? i thought n900 was the bees knees when it came to multi tasking!

does anybody know a way round this please?

Posts: 216 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Switzerland
Maybe it's just a philosopy thing.

Like you should not speak while you have food in your mouth. Which we know that many can and do, but should not!

Never would have come up with the idea to listen to music while using the phone. To me it would be like using the cd and tape player on a stereo at the same time.

Regards
Markus

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8844

missing a scrollbar? Vote here:http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...tic_scrolling/

Add quickbar (ABC, DEF, ...) in the Contact App. Vote here:http://maemo.org/community/brainstor..._address_book/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marktold For This Useful Post:
From my point of view.

Enable the audio commands like ( Music & recorded files ) while the call is very important.

All previous Nokia series have this services , this not as Markus said like using the cd and tape player on a stereo at the same time. because the actual need is to let the partner whom you are calling him listen to some audio file , or even music as a sharing between both of you. suppose i want to let my partner hear my baby voice for example.

from this point of view , i see this is very important point need to be fixed.

Thanks
Ahmad

Last edited by ahmoda; 2010-02-09 at 12:42.

The Following User Says Thank You to ahmoda For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ahmoda View Post
From my point of view.

Enable the audio commands like ( Music & recorded files ) is very important.

All previous Nokia series have this services , this not as Markus said like using the cd and tape player on a stereo at the same time. because the actual need is to let the partner whom you are calling him listen to some audio file , or even music as a sharing between both of you. suppose i want to let my partner hear my baby voice for example.

from this point of view , i see this is very important point need to be fixed.

Thanks
Ahmad
there are far better ways to send audio files. gsm has a very heavy compression and it is really usable only for human voice.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Your mistake was in thinking the n900 was the bees knees. It's not, it's the cat's whiskers.

Sadly, as it is an operating system completely new to most of us, and quite, quite unlike symbian, it cannot be counted on to do anything just 'because all my other nokia phones could'. It can only be counted on to do exactly what it says on the tin.

If this feature is important to you, I suggest that you start a brainstorm for it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
there are far better ways to send audio files. gsm has a very heavy compression and it is really usable only for human voice.

In some cases i can't send the audio files because of other partner in the call is outboard , plus he is old man ( let us talk about my father for example) doesn't know much about computer. it was wonderful to share audio voice with him.

However, as RevdKathy said

as it is an operating system completely new to most of us, and quite, quite unlike symbian, it cannot be counted on to do anything just 'because all my other nokia phones could'
That is true , and that is why we are trying to get help , or push our needs to the community to give solution if any.

The Following User Says Thank You to ahmoda For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
I'm sorry. Right now it's impossible to do that kind of stuff. As RevdKathy said this phone has nothing to do with Nokias Symbian based phones so everything has started from zero. So right now I can only say that do not excpect it to function as well matured Symbian phones.

Start brainstrom or add enchantment request to maemo bugzilla.

hmmm was there already something about this in bugzilla?

Last edited by slender; 2010-02-09 at 13:02.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
It would be nice to be able to play a variety of sounds that implied you were somewhere other than where you were...

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
It would be nice to be able to play a variety of sounds that implied you were somewhere other than where you were...
That's been a very common practice in Japan for years. I can't think of what it's called, though.

For example, you're having an affair and you can call your wife from the hotel, and put on the sound effects radio channel playing office sounds, and tell her you're still at work working late.

The Following User Says Thank You to oldpmaguy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
As Kathy said, we can't expect Maemo to be able to support all the little touches Symbian has.
It has some of its own, but lacks many found in Symbian ones...

But it's the community job to push for those changes.
So please, do fill for an enhancements in the Bugzilla or create a new Brainstorm idea for it.

This sounds to me as an enhancement though.

Tags
question