Posts: 116 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Birmingham, UK
Originally Posted by chiagn900 View Post
1st of all.. the 1st thing you should consider is nokia 808 is the only symbian still suported by nokia so youll have apps like whatsapp.. googleplus. and regular updates. on n9 itsa lot more exicting cuz half of us are developers and tho we know the wazzap/yappari /instago will be blocked..we have no fright ..the 808 has a badest *** camera. if u got the cash go for it.
There's the 701 and the 603 and whatever else Belle FP2 phones too, not just the 808.

TBH though, i couldnt face another 2 years of Belle, i really couldnt. I'd had Belle from its Aug 2011 leak, and its a long time to be stuck with what really hasnt changed much, and isnt changeable anyway. The amount of control is minimal really, CFWs demonstrate that.

If i laid out that kind of money, i'd be stuck with it for a long time and while the camera is great, the N9's camera has the potential to be pretty good, too...

I snapped this photo this morning at Starbucks... Granted i'm holding it myself, and pressing a "camera" button on screen that I can't see...

Last edited by leoniedelt; 2012-10-02 at 20:06.

Originally Posted by leoniedelt View Post
There's the 701 and the 603 and whatever else Belle FP2 phones too, not just the 808.

TBH though, i couldnt face another 2 years of Belle, [...]
it just happened that my contract came to term this summer and that i will go on using my N900 as long as possible (also as camera in my pocket ¦-)
in fact, some of the "preset" modes of the 808 boil down to 5 MP pictures as well
of course, can't compare the two "5 MP"

thus 38 MP came as a bargain ...

Originally Posted by leoniedelt View Post
I snapped this photo this morning at Starbucks... Granted i'm holding it myself, and pressing a "camera" button on screen that I can't see...

[...]
unbelievable what one can do blindly, huh ?!?

actually i'm getting the N9 because it is the last of a kind
and that NITDroid on the N900 just doesn't add up
it is obvious that ANDroid is going the windoooooz way... more RAM & CPU at each iteration
wonder how long the 1 GB / GHz of the N9 will keep up

on a side note...

Nokia's moment in the spotlight as the lead Windows Phone device manufacturer seems to be over.

HTC has told Pocket-lint that it will be the lead manufacturer used to promote Windows Phone 8 and that the Windows Phone 8X by HTC will be the flagship device used in all the marketing of Windows Phone 8 around the globe [...]

doesn't that HTC device have an eerily familiar look ?!?

Originally Posted by misterc View Post
it just happened that my contract came to term this summer and that i will go on using my N900 as long as possible (also as camera in my pocket ¦-)
in fact, some of the "preset" modes of the 808 boil down to 5 MP pictures as well
of course, can't compare the two "5 MP"

thus 38 MP came as a bargain ...
Yeah. Except no one in the UK offers the 808 except Tmob through chitterchatter, and that's only very recently. Until a few weeks back, you couldnt get one on contract - believe me, i tried...

unbelievable what one can do blindly, huh ?!?
Ha ha, yeah.

actually i'm getting the N9 because it is the last of a kind
and that NITDroid on the N900 just doesn't add up
it is obvious that ANDroid is going the windoooooz way... more RAM & CPU at each iteration
wonder how long the 1 GB / GHz of the N9 will keep up

on a side note...

Nokia's moment in the spotlight as the lead Windows Phone device manufacturer seems to be over.

HTC has told Pocket-lint that it will be the lead manufacturer used to promote Windows Phone 8 and that the Windows Phone 8X by HTC will be the flagship device used in all the marketing of Windows Phone 8 around the globe [...]

doesn't that HTC device have an eerily familiar look ?!?
Scary stuff.

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
@leoniedelt interesting earphones.

@misterc The phone looks like a Nokia Lumia 820 with a sour throat, weak body and a bad battery life.. oh wait, I just described the three main features of an HTC phone. Turns out the true humble R&D player has always been Nokia.

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke

you can actually buy this app from app store volume+ as camera button, that at least let you capture self portrait much easier

Originally Posted by flopjoke View Post
@leoniedelt interesting earphones.
Sound magic Pl-30 :-) cheapish but very effective.

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Graveyard
Originally Posted by chiagn900 View Post
the 808 has a badest *** camera.

on N900 there is command tcpsvd with which it is possible to start ftpd (ftp server) with
Code:
tcpsvd -vE 0.0.0.0 21 ftpd -w /media/mmc1/
is this available on N9 as well?