Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
I'm out currently so will get you the links later...

By variant I meant 16/64GB...What you posted is product code .. Anyway since its cyan it means 16GB...

Maps can be downloaded by going to the maps app and click on Manage Maps...
Oh.. Well yea...
I wish I had 64 ... but this phone was on a promo, by being blue, and... yea...
It's still good anyways, I can put several movies in here and stuff...
If I need a pen, I already have a 64GB USB3.0 pen :P

Alright, it's all cool then...
I'll wait for your links

Thanks for everything so far ^^

Later,
Chinoman10.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Ok Mr. Later ,

Here you go:

16GB ROW Cyan pr1.3 rootfs.bin: http://nds2.fds-fire.nokia.com/p/d/f...M1-958_ARM.bin

emmc.bin: http://nds2.fds-fire.nokia.com/p/d/f...MMC_NOMAPS.bin

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-10-01 at 11:48.

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Ok Mr. Later ,

Here you go:

16GB ROW Cyan pr1.3 rootfs.bin: http://nds2.fds-fire.nokia.com/p/d/f...M1-958_ARM.bin

emmc.bin: http://nds2.fds-fire.nokia.com/p/d/f...MMC_NOMAPS.bin
Awesome, thanks
Still, I'd still appreciate an extra hand ^^"
I'm really worried about all of this, so I just want to make sure I do everything right
(I was like this when I first formatted a computer as well :P it's funny that now I see it as the simplest thing in the world, but for a phone firmware upgrade I'm all worried ^^")

So, here goes the questions:
1. How do I back-up "normally"? Which are the different ways of backing up, and which are the best/worst?
1.1. I would hate it very much if I lost my ProfileMatic's settings, or my AlchemyClassicPremium's "game story", for example...
I know how to obviously backup movies and pictures and videos, since I have access to all files... but... yea, back to question 1. .
2. As for "de-branding", I'm not sure if my phone is "branded" or not, but will the option "Replace Operating System" also de-brand, or only the "Comprehensive reset"?
3. main.bin and emmc.bin. Main is the 1,1GB one, and the emmc is the 255MB one? Can I change the names of these so it makes my life easier when typing commands?

Chinoman10.

Edit: Can/Should I try out "FasterN9" before this? I really wanted to try it out, now that it's "Stable" and everyone says it works flawlessly...
Edit2: Is there any way, other than "Thanking" your post that I can do something to show my appreciation for all your help? Maybe Like a facebook page you might have, or vote on a poll or something?

Last edited by Chinoman10; 2012-10-01 at 12:17.

Originally Posted by Chinoman10 View Post
So, here goes the questions:
1. How do I back-up "normally"? Which are the different ways of backing up, and which are the best/worst?
1.1. I would hate it very much if I lost my ProfileMatic's settings, or my AlchemyClassicPremium's "game story", for example...
I know how to obviously backup movies and pictures and videos, since I have access to all files... but... yea, back to question 1. .
2. As for "de-branding", I'm not sure if my phone is "branded" or not, but will the option "Replace Operating System" also de-brand, or only the "Comprehensive reset"?
3. main.bin and emmc.bin. Main is the 1,1GB one, and the emmc is the 255MB one? Can I change the names of these so it makes my life easier when typing commands?

Chinoman10.

Edit: Can/Should I try out "FasterN9" before this? I really wanted to try it out, now that it's "Stable" and everyone says it works flawlessly...
1) Once you are doing a clean flash to pr1.3 it would be recommended to not restore a backup so as not to mess up things...Maybe what you can do is do a backup and copy it to your PC then delete all folders except the messaging one so that your messages are restored after a clean flash...

1.1) You can't back up those things but N9QTweak does allow you to backup Profilematic settings...Maybe check the wiki if it allows for the game(s) you want too...

2) What you need to do is open cmd.exe as administrator and do:

Code:
cd /path/to/flasher
flasher -f -F rootfs.bin emmc.bin -R
3) Yes you are correct...Editing of file names is advisable so no issues there...

4) You can use FasterN9 on pr1.3...It'll be better as IIRC the last few versions have been developed on a pr1.3 device with pr1.3 target audience...

1) Once you are doing a clean flash to pr1.3 it would be recommended to not restore a backup so as not to mess up things...Maybe what you can do is do a backup and copy it to your PC then delete all folders except the messaging one so that your messages are restored after a clean flash...

1.1) You can't back up those things but N9QTweak does allow you to backup Profilematic settings...Maybe check the wiki if it allows for the game(s) you want too...

2) What you need to do is open cmd.exe as administrator and do:

Code:
cd /path/to/flasher
flasher -f -F rootfs.bin emmc.bin -R
3) Yes you are correct...Editing of file names is advisable so no issues there...

4) You can use FasterN9 on pr1.3...It'll be better as IIRC the last few versions have been developed on a pr1.3 device with pr1.3 target audience...
Meh... I wrote a whole post...
Lost it because I closed FireFox and forgot I had this tab open...
Anyways, I'll fill with patience and type it again...

So... Don't the programs store their variables locally?
I mean... If I do a integral backup of all files and folders, upgrade to 1.3, and then install the apps, and replace a few files, wouldn't my data be saved that way?

Ahh.. Also, do you recommend using Nokia PC Suite, or maybe Nokia Link? Or just a raw integral backup like I mentioned before?

Thanks,
Chinoman10.

the program's files are saved in /home/user/ you may want to copy your data from there and do a manual restore...

Nokia Suite v3.6 is pretty good so use it instead... Nokia Link is pretty useless IMO...

Nokia Suite v3.6 is pretty good so use it instead... Nokia Link is pretty useless IMO...
Errr... I got 3.5.34... Where can I get v3.6?

Later,
Chinoman10.

Nokia beta labs...

Nokia beta labs...
Awesome, thanks...
I feel such a noob right now >_<
Sorry for all the obvious questions...

Later,
Chinoman10.

Edit: After almost an hour of waiting, it actually finished checking how many messages I have, and it did gave me the warning you told me about... That I have over 2k messages (well duh)..
Edit2: It can't although sync my messages... Which is pretty f'ed up... But none-the-less I'll start doing my backups and stuff so I can finally move to PR1.3

Last edited by Chinoman10; 2012-10-04 at 18:55.

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
This problem has to do with telco and the N9, tried tested and proven. Although a reboot normally fixes the issue. It has to do with a few things that are outside of my understanding, but if you Flash a new firmware onto your N9 this issue disappears.

Your best bet is to not keep too many texts on the N9.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4