Customizing the swipe-actions by editing the file ~/.config/mcompositor/new-mcompositor.conf doesn't seem to work anymore, which is weird because other swipe-related settings like released-swipe-duration still work in the same file. I briefly looked at the sources but didn't find anything suspicious, also the extension implementing the swipe actions, libnokiaswipeextension.so still contains the relevant strings, i.e. swipe-action-up etc. Did Nokia make the actions hardcoded? Anyone got any ideas?

Dang, I really need my swipe up to close

Swipemanager works for me with PR1.2

Originally Posted by slarti View Post
Swipemanager works for me with PR1.2
Really? Doesn't work for me, in fact the version 0.0.2 in the store never worked in PR1.1 either. What's the version you've got? What variant is your phone?

Need version 0.0.3.

I found it one day but haven't had any luck since

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

No 0.0.2 never worked, but 0.0.3 from the store works. Finnish 64GB...

Sorry. I guess 0.0.3 didn't make it to the store. Here's the original link:

Originally Posted by sony123 View Post
Hi slai,

There was an updated Swipe Manager to support PR1.1 from author @ahfaeroey, you can download from
https://secure.0x90.dk/~ahf/swipeman....0.3_armel.deb
Remember to uninstall the store version before you install.

Originally Posted by slarti View Post
Sorry. I guess 0.0.3 didn't make it to the store. Here's the original link:

Remember to uninstall the store version before you install.
0.0.3 is the one I had all along and it doesn't work. Not after re-installing, rebooting, either. Can you confirm that you are able to set the swipe-up action to close and it works? Maybe my software is hosed or something, anyone else tried swipemanager with PR1.2?

Also, can you run

Code:
dpkg -l mcompositor*
in the terminal and report the versions of the two packages? Thanks!

You're right, the close part doesn't work. I've never tried assigning "close" to anything else but swipe down. Everything else about it works. Sorry

Damn. Looks like they probably hardcoded some limitations. Need to file a bug and hope for the best, I guess. I can't think of any reason for them to disable the option to swipe up to close, and it's sooo much easier with one hand than swipe down.

In fact I'm kind of pissed off right now, if it's not possible to change the behavior, because even with my big hands swipe down is very inconvenient unless you kind of hold the upper part of the phone in your hand. Same goes for the browser back button, it should be at the bottom of the screen, currently I can't press it with one hand without slightly shuffling the phone in my hand.

Last edited by smph; 2012-02-27 at 17:22.

The Following User Says Thank You to smph For This Useful Post: