Last time I (and other) people were checking archive, it contained only newest mailing list messages - and that was week after you announced that archive is working. There is even short discussion about that in this thread - you would know it, if You would care a little more about this thread here, on TMO. Also, I've never heard from you about fixing this issue - maybe it's just me that missed it.

Anyway, I think Your aggressive approach is a little out of line here. You can't blame people for being a little skeptical, considering amount of projects You've abandoned for maemo (due to ideological reasons against Nokia). Still, we're keeping thumbs for this project, and You're trying to scare people away by every means, at least here, in TMO thread (old posts about "i don't care about providing informations here, join mailing list or gtfo", ignoring people wanting to volunteer as information coordinators, etc).

Also, You're calling my personal opinion about project future as FUD? Really? Did I told anything about official announcement of it being dead? It's my personal opinion *only*, and I would love to be positively surprised (and wiling to invest my time and money, if that would be the case).

I think we can just agree to disagree here, without any further mocking. All right?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2011-09-30 at 19:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
We need more than the kernel source. Devices like the Dell Streak 5 and Nook Color have already been tried, but ran into a wall because some essential thing like the WiFi chip was not open.
Was there ever clarification about what wasn't open? At least the wifi is a rather boring TI device with drivers already in the kernel... only the graphics are closed as far as I can see.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
Was there ever clarification about what wasn't open? At least the wifi is a rather boring TI device with drivers already in the kernel... only the graphics are closed as far as I can see.
You know Nook Color situation better than I.

Streak 5 (which is now discontinued to boot) info is here.

Not all devices have that boring TI chip. I merely meant that WiFi is among the functionality that is essential.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
You know Nook Color situation better than I.

Streak 5 (which is now discontinued to boot) info is here.

Not all devices have that boring TI chip. I merely meant that WiFi is among the functionality that is essential.
Ah, ok. Yeah I know there's a variety of wifi chips with their own problems, I thought you had stumbled upon something I wasn't aware of. In any case, things are quieting down at work so I might be able to squeeze some time into working on things... finally :/

Posts: 88 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Solingen; Germany
Hello, don't know whether smoku told it before, but I'm at the moment working on Ubuntu packaging at https://launchpad.net/~cordia-team.
Feel free to join the team and add you applications there.
Meet you at #cordia

Last edited by thopiekar; 2011-10-12 at 16:19.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to thopiekar For This Useful Post:
wondering if the Mer has come out for the N900 at all? and a version of hildon onto it?

Posts: 298 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by thopiekar View Post
Hello, don't know whether smoku told it before, but I'm at the moment working on Ubuntu packaging at https://launchpad.net/~cordia-team.
Feel free to join the team and add you applications there.
Meet you at #cordia
Does this mean we can install Cordia to an Ubuntu rootstrap?
(I like dpkg more than rpm. It's the one and only packaging system I've used.)

Posts: 88 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Solingen; Germany
Originally Posted by Nokia 5700 View Post
Does this mean we can install Cordia to an Ubuntu rootstrap?
(I like dpkg more than rpm. It's the one and only packaging system I've used.)
Yes, think so, but the hildon-desktop needs more work, like patches, etc. I'm just working on packaging, so if anyone likes to work on it - feel free to add patches. For example to remove the Gtk gribber.

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
There is an alpha release based on Mer but it is for Atom Hardware Adaptation only (ie. runs on your Netbook), with "just" a Hildon-Desktop and no apps.

You can get the ISO from Downloads (cordia-i586-20111018.0053.iso), install it (or just boot the LiveCD image) and start testing! Post bugs at bugs.maemo.org.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 244 | Thanked: 354 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Scotland
With regards to getting our hands on a MID with access to source code, might be worth getting in touch with Storage Options in the UK, who've recently "opened up" to an active users forum, and subsequently promised to make available the kernel source:

http://scrolltabletforum.co.uk/site/...=1653&start=40

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gregoranderson For This Useful Post:

Tags
cordia, fremantle ux, hildon, maemo 5 ux, meego, sanctuary, the garden