hi everyone and Happy New Year.

Ok i have a N800 and yesterday updated it with the latest OS2008 software version: 2.2007.50-2

Today i decided to install garnet-vm but when i try to open/run it i get the following error:

Unable to install garnet-vm
Application packages missing: hildon-fm1 (>=1.14)
hildon-libs0 (>=0.14.11-1)
libdbus-1-2 (>=0.61)

Can anyone help?

Mark

NB: As i said i have the latest software loaded and also have plently of available memory.

Sounds like the same problem recently addressed in another thread; if you have os2008 you must use the n810 Garnet VM.

Thanks i'll try it now, wish me luck.

Looks to have loaded ok but i may have problems later as its the wrong version for the wrong machine.
Also the office style docs look a little basic (what a moaner!)

Thanks again anyways :O)

Originally Posted by indianawyndhamjones View Post
Looks to have loaded ok but i may have problems later as its the wrong version for the wrong machine.
Also the office style docs look a little basic (what a moaner!)

Thanks again anyways :O)
You're welcome... But it's not the wrong version. The confusion comes about because until very recently n800=os2007 and n810=os2008. The GVM versions listed should really say "os2007" or "os2008". Now we can run 2008 on the n800, that's the GVM you need!

The Following User Says Thank You to ArgentSilver For This Useful Post:
Posts: 82 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ New Mexico, USA
My problem is that I can't find a single piece of Palm OS freeware worth bothering with -- and the search for software leads to a bunch of tacky sites trying to sell you old and overpriced programs. It's cool having this VM alternative to the Maemo program catalog, but only in theory...

Originally Posted by HalSF View Post
My problem is that I can't find a single piece of Palm OS freeware worth bothering with -- and the search for software leads to a bunch of tacky sites trying to sell you old and overpriced programs. It's cool having this VM alternative to the Maemo program catalog, but only in theory...
Thats the same problem I've having. Also, trying to install old pay for palm apps that is connectioned to your hotsync name. I think theres a workaround but haven't had time to find it.

Dowload and install this app called changename
http://www.mulliner.org/palm/changename.php

It worked for me, I was able to install most of my paid for Palm applications with my original Hotsync name.

It's certainly possible to get your hotsync user name into the Garnet vm if you have Palm desktop software, since the GVM will do a network hotsync. So you can definitely install paid-for type apps that are linked to your username (I did it this way). I'd be interested to see if Changename worked too, since some other posts suggested it did NOT. That would be very good since it would offer a way to get your hotsyc ID into the GVM without even having Palm desktop. Can anyone confirm this?

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
FWIW, I was able to install my previous registered Palm apps without using Changename. I set my hotsync name during somewhere during the setup of GVM. I made it the same as was on my Palm TX. I do not hotsync and haven't in a couple of years. Let me play poke around and see if I can find where I set my hotsync name.

EDIT: Ok maybe I'm going crazy But I can't find it now. Sorry.

Last edited by PinCushionQueen; 2008-01-01 at 22:12.