Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Who's orders though? Ballmer won't be CEO of Microsoft any longer - that's not exactly a reward. Elop is getting a divorce, seems like his personal relationship paid the price. Nokia? Why would the board do that to themselves?

So again, I have to ask. Who's orders did Elop follow?
lumiaman....

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
lumiaman....
Naw. The plan seemed too coherent.

For that amount of pay out divorce is worth it...I am sure he was shagging some cute Finn on the side...

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Brazil
Windows will disappear in 5 years.
Game over for microsoft.

they very well may. the tech world is extremely cut throat. Look at BB, NOKIA....there is much fresh blood yet to be spilled..

Nokia is now close to $7.30. I think it will hit $10 by spring as I predicted.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by diogotrc View Post
Windows will disappear in 5 years.
Game over for microsoft.
Sorry but no, Microsoft still has alot of cash to make sure Linux don't success.

And now when Microsoft has alot of hw patent via Nokia they will start patent trolling:

Jolla
Canonical
Apple
Google

and also they will buy a big ARM SoC provider or make sure NVidia is not supporting Linux to much...

Just wait and see...

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-10-22 at 17:08.

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Nokia is now close to $7.30. I think it will hit $10 by spring as I predicted.
After releasing a Windows 8.1 RT tablet, doubtful.

Sorry but no, Microsoft still has alot of cash to make sure Linux don't success.
Linux isn't a success already? Wow, I didn't realise that. Desktop sales are contracting rapidly, it's a good job for Microsoft there isn't a successful Linux based mobile platform or else they'd really be on a sticky wicket.

And now when Microsoft has alot of hw patent via Nokia they will start patent trolling:

Jolla
Canonical
Apple
Google
I understood NOKIA retained the patents.
Apple already pays NOKIA licensing fees.
Microsoft have been blustering for years about non-specific patents Linux supposedly breaches and Mark Shuttleworth has challenged them to put up or shut up. Maybe a well publicised spat between Microsoft and Canonical will bring the superiority of Ubuntu on the desktop to the attention of Joe Bloggs never mind on mobiles.

and also they will buy a big ARM SoC provider or make sure NVidia is not supporting Linux to much...
Within the last few weeks (as a result of Steam OS being announced) NVidia have announced they'll offer technical advice to the developers of the Nouveau drivers. I'm sure most FOSS supporters would prefer that approach.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I'd say that is something they have at least tried for some time but I see no real success in it yet.

Jolla
Canonical
Apple
Google
MS has only licensed the patents, this means they have right to use them without facing litigation from Nokia.
If some company is going to do the patent trolling, it is the owner of the patents, namely Nokia.

That is of course possible but I do not really see chip fabbing as core competence for MS. It is fairly sure if they did that they would lose a lot of money.

Tags
bring me beer, downward spiral, elop is nero, let's talk bs, lumiadickweed, lumiatard, nero fiddling, nokia bears, nokiastockrock, thanks for asha