Posts: 130 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York
Now im just wondering how assured the n900 is coming to Tmobile USA. I work for T-mobile and my manager was like "yea i love the Mytouch but we getting some new errr nokia N-series i think it was?" i was like whoa and i jumped out of my seat in excitement but still don't want to jinx myself, but i was wondering do anyone got solid info or no?

Nokia seems to be working with TMobile with the other countries and it seems based off the radios included on the n900 that if the n900 is coming to the US it would be to TMobile.

Now whether it's subsidized or remains at the 600+ USD, that's different (I'm hoping its heavily subsidized and TMobile then gets me as a customer and my gf who is already one will also get a bigger plan since we'd be going family plan).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
the AWS 3G frequencies are so little used, only TMobile could take advantage in the US. It costs Nokia more to make one just for them, so cooperation is implied.

The Following User Says Thank You to christexaport For This Useful Post:
Posts: 130 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York
Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
the AWS 3G frequencies are so little used, only TMobile could take advantage in the US. It costs Nokia more to make one just for them, so cooperation is implied.
i was thinking the same thing that T-mobile customers don't usually buy 650 dollar phones as much as ATT right? so they would lose rather than gain unless they did something with T-mobile exclusively.

Thanks for the replies

Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
Yep...especially since by going the AWS route they are, in turn, forgoing the much larger 850/1900 market provided by AT&T and Rogers. To do so must mean there's a "slam dunk" volume sales plan afoot....ie a plan to offer the N900 through t-mobile via subsidies.

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
please say $199 so we can watch the exodus of iPhone techies to the real mobile computer

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@christexaport: that's what they predicted with the palm pre too. besides, the iphone's ecosystem already has a 2 years head start now, it'll take a just a bit more than what the n900 has now to get an exodus going. just a bit more.

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Seattle
Does anyone know of or think t-mobile will offer a "data only plan" to use with the N900? Meaning that it doesn't need to be used as a phone, but an always online mobile computer. I am a verizon customer, and don't want to jump ship for the complete package because verizon's coverage is too humungous to leave. Any thoughts? Thanks for the input.

Joe

Yeah, though the Palm Pre's application ecosystem is really limited. I think even Maemo 4 has more applications than the Pre does as of now. But given the already wide range of applications we already have from development on Maemo 4, if those are brought over to Maemo 5 then Maemo 5 will have a decent library (though not many options until someone else develops or ports them). E.g. Pidgin for chat or default Nokia app. And likewise for other apps.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Sacramento, California
And then you have the Applediot robots who eat, sleep and buy anything Apple based. I have no knowledge of any such loyal fan base that exists in that size for Nokia. We here at ITT are really quite small in numbers.

I personally have had T-Mo for the last 5 years and have been enjoying unlimited 3G and unlimited nationwide calling for $79.17 a month which includes taxes. My downloads average 650-850Kbps down and 180-330Kbps up according to speakeasy.net/speedtest

I, for one, will be so happy if the t-Mo deal here in the U.S. takes place. I loved my N800 and am still in love with my N810.

Last edited by Munk; 2009-09-04 at 04:49.

The Following User Says Thank You to Munk For This Useful Post: