Active Topics

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Melbourne
Originally Posted by voancea View Post
Today I saw there is an update for gtalk video calls. I tried to install this update, but installations failed. Now I cannot use the gtalk anymore, cannot install, reinstall or unistall. Someone had the same problem?
i had exactly the same experience, also when i go into manage updates and click on refresh the circle in the top right corner keeps rotating indefinitely

When it works, over 3G it is not usable... Not sure who to blame ?!

The Following User Says Thank You to KTy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fezboy View Post
i had exactly the same experience, also when i go into manage updates and click on refresh the circle in the top right corner keeps rotating indefinitely
This happened for me too: The new update to the already installed gtalk video function failed and the situation was resurrected at boot-time. Now, it shows as a failed update in the store, and the update won't reinstall. What is more, when I go to manage applications and check for updates in the settings (not in store), it keeps checking for updates and the circle keeps rotating indefinitely.

I haven't dared to install this yet, since I read it breaks the camera. How's it working after the update? I definitely need the camera more than I need video calling.

Originally Posted by PortaDiFerro View Post
I haven't dared to install this yet, since I read it breaks the camera. How's it working after the update? I definitely need the camera more than I need video calling.
I downloaded the latest version and my camera still works fine.

Originally Posted by KTy View Post
When it works, over 3G it is not usable... Not sure who to blame ?!
Used it over 3G, great picture and audio.

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by PortaDiFerro View Post
Works flawlessly and my camera still works

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Just updated from Store and idle consumption raised little... Required two reboots, which did automatically... (edit. alarm cancelled - another reboot and everything is ok now)

btw. software notification still not working automatically for store applications?

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

Last edited by catbus; 2012-03-03 at 20:18.

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
Originally Posted by fezboy View Post
I have the same problem, and I think it found the issue - when you installed the gtalk update, it locked the package database, and rebooted without unlocking it.

Code:
rm /var/lib/apt/lists/lock
as root solved it for me.

EDIT:
Originally Posted by catbus View Post
btw. software notification still not working automatically for store applications?
This might be a related issue.

Last edited by YavkatA; 2012-03-04 at 00:22.

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
I'm using the latest Gtalk no issue after installation here but the thing is while doing video chat n9 is not sending video to other recipient however, n9 shows both myself and the recipient in the chat window. The other end only sees my avatar. I'm testing with Mac computer with front video camera. However, when I tried with Vista without the front video camera n9 was sending the video fine. Anyone with similar issue??