Notices

Finally got it working, apparently I had an older version of the installer and when I updated to the latest version it installed fine. I have a few questions if someone doesn't mind answering: Is there any way to make the default list the "Online" list cause it's annoying to see all my buddies at once when 95% of them aren't even online. And also, when this gets updated will my application manager see an update and notify me? Or do I have to keep track of the progress manually and reinstall when there are updates? If so, where can I do this?

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Darmstadt, Germany
Hmm, I installed qoles libpurple0 to get ICQ working in pidgin again, now the XMPP support is completely vanished. Any ideas how to that?

I have the same problem of branitar. After the RTComm Beta installation XMPP and Gtalk doesn't work in pidgin. Any ideas?

I have also the problem described in this bug report https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...le/+bug/412973 with jabber in standard chat application. Does someone know about new telepathy-gabble version?

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
There's an updated libpurple0 along with Pidgin stuff in extras-devel that should fix your issues.

The Following User Says Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I just installed the new telepathy-haze (0.2.1-2) and libpurple0 (2.5.8-0jonny1) and both MSN and ICQ connect. Yahoo does not connect.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by qole View Post
I just installed the new telepathy-haze (0.2.1-2) and libpurple0 (2.5.8-0jonny1) and both MSN and ICQ connect. Yahoo does not connect.
Yahoo works perfectly fine for me using the new stuff. Perhaps you're still using the Chinese server fix along with it?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
No, I never did that hack. I just get a network error. Is there something I'm forgetting to install?

Just a note, this is the built-in RTCOMM system, not Pidgin.

Originally Posted by qole View Post
No, I never did that hack. I just get a network error. Is there something I'm forgetting to install?

Just a note, this is the built-in RTCOMM system, not Pidgin.
I've got RTCOMM beta installed along with it. Did it from a fresh reflash, so I'm not sure what you could be missing.

pidgin now supports voice and video with the version 2.6.1
anybody to make the last version, 2.6.2 Ithink, working on maemo ??

I just receive the update 2.6.2
I thought voice and video would work on it like they do on the original, unfortunately I don't don't even see any change compared with the previous version.
Anybody knows what the update is about?

Tags
instant messaging, rtcomm