Active Topics

Don't even bother.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daneel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 329 | Thanked: 422 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ derpton
Daneel, he didn't reply to you, just so you know - he might be a troll, but not childish like your comment.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to herpderp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Sorrow View Post
And tizen once again delayed. Oh well. Sticking to N9 for another year.
Why not a nexus aka jPhone ll...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-01-24 at 18:45.

Originally Posted by herpderp View Post
Daneel, he didn't reply to you, just so you know - he might be a troll, but not childish like your comment.
My comment was as mature as possible, i even used words like genitalia and abnormally! Can't get any more mature then that.

Last edited by Daneel; 2014-01-25 at 02:57.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daneel For This Useful Post:
As far as a Nexus4 I'd sure consider it if I had more information on how to install sailfish on the device. Or even Nexus5 or Xperia would be nice.

I keep thinking about the Neo900 but I really can't deal with a resistive touch screen any more for daily use.

My preferred option would be to purchase a device from Jolla but they are selling a device I cannot use because of the modem which is why I am interested in their next device.

Last edited by salyavin; 2014-01-25 at 03:05.

I'm waiting if not for the second device, at least for the second revision of the first device, which has limited set of frequencies supported. Second revision should either have a better modem, or should have another set of frequencies (for North America for example).

The Following User Says Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 75 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ under the sky
jolla should be a power phone for power user. it is a low end device with very low end specs with one of the worst phone displays in the market.

comparing it with my n900, it doesnt stand a chance. the build quality is comparable to mid range devices but i wont see my self paying more than $150 on it. Lujmia 920 is now $200 over ebay refurbished.

not to compare the two devices because 920 puts the jolla device to shame! but.. if you are a startup, we expect something alot better than the competition.

good luck

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by TDSii View Post
jolla should be a power phone for power user. it is a low end device with very low end specs with one of the worst phone displays in the market.

comparing it with my n900, it doesnt stand a chance. the build quality is comparable to mid range devices but i wont see my self paying more than $150 on it. Lujmia 920 is now $200 over ebay refurbished.

not to compare the two devices because 920 puts the jolla device to shame! but.. if you are a startup, we expect something alot better than the competition.

good luck
Not sure what you are saying about...What is a power phone?

That's POWER!

Either way, I find it more strange that no other manufacturer try to join jolla. Sure, its gamble but the software is out and its working to some extent. Do all waiting for Ubuntu or tizen or do everyone with money thinking it's impossible to grow on the current market?

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-01-27 at 18:13.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Most manufacturers are too lazy and aren't interested in innovation. That's the reason.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
Most manufacturers are too lazy and aren't interested in innovation. That's the reason.
I don't believe you for a second. There is so much innovation out there...