Just got home. It's four in the morning and my Jolla disappeared somewhere between me exiting the nightclub and entering a taxi. No chance it was still inside, and calling it gets turned off sound..

This s never happened to me before, except work my Nokia 6110 ten years ago or something, so I'm wondering what to do top get a new one. Add soon add I sober up I'll of course go to the police to register everything, but my main concern is if I will get a new Jolla phone in time to start functioning normally.

Anyone else had this problem? I gave away my black N9 64gb two weeks ago to a too sweet girl to ask to get it back, so can anyone tell me how long it is going to take to get a new Jolla?

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki
You have to register the stolen good with police and talk to you insurance company and check if you insurances cover theft.

Anyway the you have to "buy" a new Jolla, if the stolen phone won't show up.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Currently delivery times from the webshop is about 7 days depending where you live.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Incidentally, is there anyway of tracking a stolen/missing Jolla either post event or something to install prior that can ping back it's location and lock it if needed.

Originally Posted by aegis View Post
Incidentally, is there anyway of tracking a stolen/missing Jolla either post event or something to install prior that can ping back it's location and lock it if needed.
I'm working on solution which might become available on some future update, but unfortunately cannot comment on ETA yet.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Isn't there atleast a way to blacklist phones by IMEI number?

IMEI you can find when login on jolla account atleast.

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Isn't there atleast a way to blacklist phones by IMEI number?

IMEI you can find when login on jolla account atleast.
Yes right approach is to report phone stolen to your local police with imei, and get your imei into blacklist which is distributed to operators, that will make your phone stop working in industrial countries that share the blacklist among network opers.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
rainisto, there are ways to change (fake) the imei number... which is not always usefull for the user who got robbed
or better yet: they just sell the phone online, so the one who has stole it, still makes profit

I think Jolla should have something like Prey, or even better, like the iPhone one (Find my iphone)

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
rainisto, there are ways to change (fake) the imei number... which is not always usefull for the user who got robbed
or better yet: they just sell the phone online, so the one who has stole it, still makes profit

I think Jolla should have something like Prey, or even better, like the iPhone one (Find my iphone)
IMEI is stored in immutable area of flash in Jolla, so its not that easy to change. And yes, it will use preyproject as backend.

Last edited by rainisto; 2014-03-01 at 20:34.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
And yes, it will use preyproject as backend.
So we have to pay to be able to track our Jollas later?!