I have problems with nokia care, after three times sending my phone to service point, they always return the device with same error:
dmesg:
mmcblk0: error -110 transferring data, sector ...., card status 0x200900
end_request: I/O error, dev mmcblk0, sector .....
Last time they said that I have to pay 100 € because it's not covered by warranty (official version was that some file was corrupted).
What do you think? Is it covered by warranty or is it my fault?

The next state of my issue is explained in my post on http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...126#post631126

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Sounds like nonsense to me. If it was a corrupt file then reflashing would fix it. Otherwise it's faulty flash and should definitely be covered by warranty (unless you've been overclocking).

No overclocking made. And however, Nokia care says that they cannot give me more details, only corrupted file...

After paying these 100€ they have returned the device with the same error...
What's next ? I have sent the device once again to service point. But I really think that service point in spain knows nothing about gnu/linux.

By now it's two months without the device, wasting my time writing code in scratchbox. Really annoying, this issue is making me think about stopping the development on this devices and remove from maemo servers my apps and code.

What I have to do now?

As I have said: good OS, really bad customer service.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by kinta View Post
By now it's two months without the device, wasting my time writing code in scratchbox. Really annoying, this issue is making me think about stopping the development on this devices and remove from maemo servers my apps and code.
While I can understand your anger (a defective flash should definitely be covered by warranty as it's a hardware fault), I cannot understand why you want to punish us users for this by removing your apps and code. Nokia doesn't care about your apps and code, but us users do.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
While I can understand your anger (a defective flash should definitely be covered by warranty as it's a hardware fault), I cannot understand why you want to punish us users for this by removing your apps and code. Nokia doesn't care about your apps and code, but us users do.
Really true. I will not remove a line. Excuse my anger... But Is hard to write and mantain code, for an app designed for a device that you haven't, and that is defective by customer support.

The Following User Says Thank You to kinta For This Useful Post:
This seems to be a similar problem that I had.

First time I reported problem to local Nokia service center, handset was returned with explanation that nothing is wrong (not charged).

Second time I included a long and very detailed technical description of problem (sequence of command line commands and their outputs). I explained them that file system check and repair failed (e2fsck -n /dev/mmcblk0p2), file system doesn't mount any more (mount), it is not possible to format file system (mkfs.ext3 /dev/mmcblk0p2) and that flashing internal eMMC memory always fails.

One month after I handed over handset for the second time I received a new device. All together not a really good experience - it lasted about two months and I had to do all software diagnostics by myself.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
.......really bad customer service.
understatement!

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
I have problems with nokia care, after three times sending my phone to service point, they always return the device with same error:
dmesg:
mmcblk0: error -110 transferring data, sector ...., card status 0x200900
end_request: I/O error, dev mmcblk0, sector .....
Last time they said that I have to pay 100 € because it's not covered by warranty (official version was that some file was corrupted).
What do you think? Is it covered by warranty or is it my fault?

The next state of my issue is explained in my post on http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...126#post631126
It's definitely outrageous! I'd be very angry if I were you. How dare they charge people for no service return?

I did file my complain to Nokia global for some other case but they'd only remit my case back to local Nokia. So I think they don't have global complain center or the like.

Therefore, try call and snail mail them your case to your local Nokia:

Nokia
Camino Cerro de los Gamos, 1 Edificio 3
28224 Madrid
Spain
Tel: 34 912 119 300
Fax: 34 912 113 894

At the same time file a formal complain to your governmental customer union. I'm not sure about yours, but my customer union would remit my complain back to the head office of local Nokia, which helps a lot as they must answer to my case.

The Following User Says Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post: