fanoush

Thanks this is the right reader.
This is the one I use to copy files to my converted card. It must be the one that supports SDHC cards.

craves1

To all that have been interested in my project:
Many have been asking about the price of the new converted 8GB SDHC memory card. I have decided to sell the 8GB card using a Sandisk Micro SDHC card for $90.00. Judging from the feedback this is a fair price for the upgrade and work required to make each card and since the Micro Sd card makes us $70.00 of this price. The other parts are also a factor, PCB, Label and packaging.
The card will also come with a warranty as long as the label is not removed. Shipping will be based on location.

The card will be sold first on my ebay page since this is the fastest way I know how to get it going. It will be posted on 3/25/2008.
There will be a "Buy it Now” and also auction pages for those who like auctions.

I will have direct buy from my website soon for those who do not have ebay accounts. Any one interested can also contact me a
chester@optonline.net

I hope this helps everybody who is interested.
cgraves1

I have completed the first part of this project which was to make an 8GB SDHC memory card for the Nokia 770. Anyone who wishes to purchase an 8GB SDHC memory card can get it here http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=260223985738 or http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZcgraves256 or search for Nokia 770 and they will come up.

If you want to purchase one and they are not at my ebay store you can also send me a email and I will make more available, I have plenty. chester@optonline.net

This card is only for users who know how to flash the kernel for SDHC support.

I also had a cover made to show the memory size and in a blue color so it is easily recognized. I know "warranty" is miss-spelled.

I hope this help user get more out of the N770. I like it just as much as my n800.

craves1
Attached Images

Last edited by craves1; 2008-03-26 at 22:39.

Craves1

You wrote: "This card is only for users who know how to flash the kernel for SDHC support."

Bravo! Looks great and I'd love one. However, I'm concerned about the above quote. Your project seems to have accomplished your goal of making an 8gig memory card that could be used with the 770 without a HARDWARE hack of the device. However, if it requires a complicated SOFTWARE hack that a Linux novice cannot manage then, IMHO, you have not reached your goal of an end user friendly product.

I went to this page for help with the kernal flash: http://fanoush.wz.cz/maemo/#kernelflasher . Unfortunately, I don't really understand what I am supposed to do. I do have Xterm and become root on my device but have never used become root and I fear I'll make my device into a brick. Can you post a SPECIFIC guide on how to flash the kernal? I'm sure I'm not the only Linux novice out there that would purchase one of your hacked cards if there were very specific directions available on how to do the kernal flash.

Finally, does this flash erase everything on my 770 so that I have to start all over again reinstalling all my apps?

thanks,
Neil

Last edited by nspeer; 2008-03-26 at 18:04.

nspeer

It should say "for users who already know how or are willing to learn how to flash the kernel for SDHC support", I just don't want any one to purchase one thinking they can just pop it in and it's going to work without the SDHC support kernel.

I am working on the instructions but it will be sometime this weekend before it is finished.

As for your last question, when I flashed the 2007HE OS it did not erase anything. But I assume it is like anything, there is always a chance something can happen.

No pain No gain, just think from 2GB to 8GB.

craves1

Last edited by craves1; 2008-03-26 at 22:41.

Thanks, Craves1 an instructional would be wonderful. Would you say the kernal flash is a relatively straightforward procedure or is it fraught with dangers of creating a "brick"?

As someone who'd done the kernel flash, I can tell you, it was no big deal on my end and I didn't loose anything.

However, I am a Linux guy. I did it from Linux.

You can do it from the tablet, I understand, if you don't have Linux or don't want to use a Linux Live CD.

desiv

Originally Posted by desiv View Post
As someone who'd done the kernel flash, I can tell you, it was no big deal on my end and I didn't loose anything.

However, I am a Linux guy. I did it from Linux.

You can do it from the tablet, I understand, if you don't have Linux or don't want to use a Linux Live CD.

desiv
I don't have Linux or a Linux Live CD. I'd prefer to do it from the tablet itself. I'm hoping your tutorial will explain in detail how to do it from the tablet.
thanks,
Neil

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...kernel+flasher

About the 8th post down.

"Search" is your friend.

desiv

p.s. It assumes you have a terminal and have gained root. You can search to find out how to do that as well, it's well covered.

nspeer

I went trough it today again on a new tablet with OS2006 running. I did it from the tablet and it is straight forward.
If you have the flasher and the Kernel in the main directory (root Directory, I do not know what it is called in Linux) and you have Xterm and become-root installed and working then it was simply typing without mistakes exactly what you see on many pages in the forum.
I made a few changes to several pages since I just started and made a few mistakes until I understood what was going on. I think it is easier to understand once someone tell you every thing that should happen in detail and how to check to see if all the files are where they should be after you unzip them.

I run a company all day and most nights but I will make time for it this weekend. It is fairly simple and I think it is safe.

craves1