Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Links for syslogd (Gregale / Maemo2.2):

klogd
sysklogd

I think you need to install klogd then sysklogd.

Output should be written to /var/log/syslog (if my memory is correct).

it got exactly the same thing as you do.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
I'm running out of suggestions...

Check syslog for anything useful and see if you can post to the mailing list to get the attention of Kalle as it may be interesting to get to the bottom of this, and perhaps get a fix if it is a software bug.

If it's a hardware fault and/or you don't have the time to debug this (which would be understandable) it may be necessary to take the 770 back for a replacement (assuming it's new) or send it away for repair (in which case you may want to debug the problem further as this could be the quickest solution rather than wait for a repair!)

both klogd and sysklogd lacks some sort of depencies. I hope I don't have to install the whole Scratchbox client on my 770.

alrite, thanks anyway... Now I feel like hitting the 770 couple times for a better chance to let the stoopid wifi chip come back

anyways, is there any solution to using usb or bluetooth via my pc to share part of it's interent on my 770? how to do that?

I doubt it's any consolation, but mine did the exact same thing. For a long time my WiFi worked more-or-less fine, except that it would freak out when there were a lot of networks in the area and would only get a link-local IP. More recently, though, it seems to have gagged its last. It scans for a network and says none are available. Then if I wait a few seconds it will scan again and find my network. When I go to connect, though, it tells me there was a connection failure. Then it scans again and says there are no networks. Rinse, repeat.

I might have really loved the Nokia 770 ... that is, if it weren't just such a crap product.

Workaround available here