Notices

this game is great! thanks for the work put in

my only one request is to be able to zoom out more, I like seeing the whole view with defense tower games

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lonk For This Useful Post:
For people complaining about shortness:

/opt/DefGear-maemo/rbase/common/levels has everything you need to make the game longer. Wave definitions (*.dat) are in human readable form. Number of waves can also be tweaked from defense*.ini. Share your killer levels with others who finished here

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 108 | Thanked: 329 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Bosnia and Herzegovina
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
For people complaining about shortness:

/opt/DefGear-maemo/rbase/common/levels has everything you need to make the game longer. Wave definitions (*.dat) are in human readable form. Number of waves can also be tweaked from defense*.ini. Share your killer levels with others who finished here
Yeah, I kinda-sorta wanted to make custom levels a bit better supported They are quite human-readable. Even the map files are simple (a tilemap and a vector field), but you'd need tools to efficiently edit these. Level names and level count are hard-coded, but I think I'll make a "custom levels" directory where additional levels could be dynamically detected and loaded. If I'll have time to spare, I could maybe tidy-up and release my own map editing tools.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TheBurek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 77 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by TheBurek View Post
I could maybe tidy-up and release my own map editing tools.
That would be absolutely awesome, i will try to make first levels little harder

Originally Posted by Russe89 View Post
That would be absolutely awesome, i will try to make first levels little harder
First levels are supposed to be easy But if you just want to make it harder, then edit the text files, that's the way I made waves and tower and creep data. Tools were used for editing maps, "geography".

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Okay, for now i found out:
Code:
Tutorial = defense2.ini
Level 1 = defense4.ini
Level 2 = defense5.ini
Level 3 = defense6.ini
Level 4 = defense7.ini
Level 5 = defense-a3.ini
Level 6 = defense-a1.ini
Level 7 = defense-a2.ini
Level 8 = defense-a4.ini
money and max. towers i can de/increase, but changing wave-count=3 to maybe 5 or 6, nothing happens for me... also i did not find out how to edit health points till now, but i will search on

/edit: ah, these are saved in the defense*-w*.dat... Great

Last edited by Russe89; 2012-12-14 at 15:20.

The Following User Says Thank You to Russe89 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Russe89 View Post
Okay, for now i found out:
Code:
Tutorial = defense2.ini
Level 1 = defense4.ini
Level 2 = defense5.ini
Level 3 = defense6.ini
Level 4 = defense7.ini
Level 5 = defense-a3.ini
Level 6 = defense-a1.ini
Level 7 = defense-a2.ini
Level 8 = defense-a4.ini
money and max. towers i can de/increase, but changing wave-count=3 to maybe 5 or 6, nothing happens for me... also i did not find out how to edit health points till now, but i will search on

/edit: ah, these are saved in the defense*-w*.dat... Great
Or you could've just asked me... Wave count directly relates to how many wave DAT files there are (like "defense2-w1.dat"), if you just increase the number and there are no more files, you aren't going to get more waves. And the wave files are a sequence of [internel creep name], [spawn point ID], [delay to next spawn in frames] (1 second = 60 frames), each in a new line. For creep and tower data, look into common/data directory. Happy modding

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheBurek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 565 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Nevinnomyssk
trying to run it on n9, using libs from http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...63&postcount=5
can this be fixed ?
0.001 | Rev3D (build Dec 7 2012 17:28:51) Maemo (32 bit)
0.002 | ================================================== =======
0.002 | Log file "Rev3D.log" opened.
0.262 | Current mode : 854 x 480 x 16
0.263 | Going for video mode : 854 x 480 x 32 (fullscreen)
0.299 | Video mode set
0.352 | GL Renderer : PowerVR SGX 530
0.353 | GL Version : OpenGL ES-CM 1.1
0.353 | GL Vendor : Imagination Technologies
0.353 | Max HW tex size : 2048
0.353 | GL Extensions : GL_OES_byte_coordinates GL_OES_fixed_point GL_OES_single_precision GL_OES_matrix_get GL_OES_read_format GL_OES_compressed_paletted_texture GL_OES_point_sprite GL_OES_point_size_array GL_OES_matrix_palette GL_OES_draw_texture GL_OES_query_matrix GL_OES_texture_env_crossbar GL_OES_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_OES_texture_cube_map GL_OES_blend_subtract GL_OES_blend_func_separate GL_OES_blend_equation_separate GL_OES_stencil_wrap GL_OES_extended_matrix_palette GL_OES_framebuffer_object GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8 GL_OES_depth24 GL_OES_stencil8 GL_OES_compressed_ETC1_RGB8_texture GL_OES_mapbuffer GL_OES_EGL_image GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_OES_required_internalformat GL_IMG_read_format GL_IMG_texture_compression_pvrtc GL_IMG_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_IMG_texture_stream GL_OES_EGL_sync GL_IMG_vertex_program
0.490 | [RSS-SDLMix] Audio init OK
0.498 | PVRTTextureLoadFromPointer failed: glBindTexture() failed.
0.498 | [ERROR] Loading PVR texture failed (#fonts/abel-512.pvr)
0.546 | NetHook disabled
14.100 | PVRTTextureLoadFromPointer failed: glBindTexture() failed.
14.101 | [ERROR] Loading PVR texture failed (Tenkic.pvr)
19.202 | PVRTTextureLoadFromPointer failed: glBindTexture() failed.
19.922 | [ERROR] Loading PVR texture failed (staor.pvr)
20.749 | PVRTTextureLoadFromPointer failed: glBindTexture() failed.
20.749 | [ERROR] Loading PVR texture failed (znak.pvr)
28.116 | NetHook deinit
oh, yeah, "open /dev/sequencer or /dev/snd/seq: No such file or directory" before <0.490 | [RSS-SDLMix] Audio init OK> in ssh output
p.s. no sound is ok for me, but maybe there is a way to fix video problem ( black screen with log posted above, tapping screen is work(or produce more texture loading errors)

Last edited by bonapart; 2012-12-15 at 15:30.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bonapart For This Useful Post:
Not sure what is causing that. I'll go and check what format are those textures in, there are several different ones, maybe only some are problematic. ETC compression is supported, as far as GL extension list says. Does the game run in spite of those errors? Have you made it to gameplay? Try to go in-game and build a tower, if possible, release a wave of creeps, and than send me that log. Also, some screenshots could be helpful. I hope we'll sort this out, it would be really cool running the game properly on N9.

The Following User Says Thank You to TheBurek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 565 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Nevinnomyssk
black screen... always... not matter what i push on screen

The Following User Says Thank You to bonapart For This Useful Post: