Active Topics

Hello guys.

I buyed a Nokia n900 from someone and it worked well for a month!! But now it started showing me the icon of the Sim with the Red slash

I read about this problem in the internet, in your forum, tried all the things that i've read, but none of those worked

Also, not to forget to mention, I am from Kosovo, but I study in Macedonia and when this problem appeared, i put some paper between the battery and the sim card slot and put into the slot the number from Macedonia (T-Mobile).

It worked well 1 day, 2 days, 3 days.. but when I've put the number from Kosovo, the problem appears again. Then I put again the Macedonian number, it worked again very well.

I came from Macedonia, and went to change the Sim Card, to take a new one. They gave me a new Sim Card, but now, it shows me the problem with my two numbers, even with the Macedonian number

What should I do?? Has someone found the solution for this damn Problem ??? Can someone please help me ?

Originally Posted by taulant01 View Post
Hello guys.

I buyed a Nokia n900 from someone and it worked well for a month!! But now it started showing me the icon of the Sim with the Red slash

I read about this problem in the internet, in your forum, tried all the things that i've read, but none of those worked

Also, not to forget to mention, I am from Kosovo, but I study in Macedonia and when this problem appeared, i put some paper between the battery and the sim card slot and put into the slot the number from Macedonia (T-Mobile).

It worked well 1 day, 2 days, 3 days.. but when I've put the number from Kosovo, the problem appears again. Then I put again the Macedonian number, it worked again very well.

I came from Macedonia, and went to change the Sim Card, to take a new one. They gave me a new Sim Card, but now, it shows me the problem with my two numbers, even with the Macedonian number

What should I do?? Has someone found the solution for this damn Problem ??? Can someone please help me ?

Can someone please find me this file:

RX-51_2009SE_2.2009.51-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin

Not the new one 2010, but this one. I have read on the internet, that with flashing with this, it will repair the problem.

I wen to:
http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php

but i couldn't download it, it is a problem with the Website Please, can someone find me this file?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
buy lumia 800

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
@taulant01

please make sure you read this thread

and what version of firmware you got, is it the latest ?

@Lumiaman

are you spamming or what ? please post something useful if you got
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sifo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Its a hardware fault as far as i have read in TMO. search TMO may be you found some solution. there was once a solution for it. someone from TMO fixed it with a hammer and a nail if i remember correctly. Search TMO.

@lumiaman
stop spamming here. no one is interested in your toy.

edit: here is the link for thread with a fix. be very careful with that method. LINK. it fixes the problem of "N900 Telephony Function Disabled" which both a related to SIM card slot. Best of luck.

Last edited by panjgoori; 2012-05-21 at 04:16.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
buy lumia 800

why not n900

in my opinion it still as good as N9

and stop spamming

Thnx guys for the responses.

@sifo - I flashed my nokia with some firmwares. I flashed it with the latest firmware, but it didn't helped, then i flashed it with the Fourth Maemo 5 Global release for Nokia N900
(RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin)

@panjgoori - I saw this post earlier, and i took something sharp, but I didn't hit it wiht a hammer, I was to afraid I think it helps, but I am now sure. I tried this with the sharp thing, and than flashed it with the Fourht Maemo 5 Global, and now it is a little better than it was. I don't know which of them helped

Also, I wanted to tell you that in this Post:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=83686&page=3

Someone said:
If I re-flash with enable R&D mode and pull the battery at Erasing CMT: 66% the animation dots shows for about 2 minutes and then boot up with the Nokia Handshake with an error code "All telephony functions, including emergency calls, are disable due to communication error. to recover, you might have to reboot the device." In this mode sims is not working, charging is not working and no wifi.

If I re-flashed with disable R&D mode the Animation dots appears for about 20 seconds and turn it off.
THis is the same message that it shows me time to time, and then I need to restart the phone.

Can this R&D mode have something with it to do?
I tried to disable the R&D mode, but it can't be disabled in Windows, I have to flash it in Linux. But I don't know how to install the flasher in Linux!!! I have Linux Ubuntu, installed on my laptop, I have downloaded: flasher_3.12.1_i386.deb , from
http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/maemo-d...-downloads.php

But I can't install it

Can someone help me, to install the flasher on Linux ? It is the only thing left for me

Thnx again guys for your help

The Following User Says Thank You to taulant01 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
@taulant01
Hi.
i never used Linux PC before but i know it's terminal like the N900 one i dont know the path where you put that file but you can (i guess) use "cd" command to that path then sudo dpkg -i (file name) as i said never used linux so im not sure 100% from this
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

The Following User Says Thank You to sifo For This Useful Post:
Hello guys...

I only wanted to ask, does someone has an tutorial on HOW TO INSTALL MAEMO FLASHER ON LINUX UBUNTU??? I don't know how to install it I tried to search on the internet, but i can't find anything worth

Please help me guys

Originally Posted by taulant01 View Post
Hello guys...

I only wanted to ask, does someone has an tutorial on HOW TO INSTALL MAEMO FLASHER ON LINUX UBUNTU??? I don't know how to install it I tried to search on the internet, but i can't find anything worth

Please help me guys
hi

and welcome to Maemo!

there really isn't much to install
simply download the latest flasher version from the same directory (ftp server) where you find the firmware
unpack it (tar.gz if memory serves well)
if that's where you have problems, simply install MC (Midnight Commander) (outstanding must have file system troubleshooting tool for any GNU / Linux comp.; it will also open most archives (RAR, ZIP, TAR.GZ) unless they are compressed with some nutty tool (7z to name but one )
and it comes also for Maemo )
once you have unpacked it to a directory
say /rpm/maemo_flasher-3.5_2.5.2.2
simply copy the firmware into the same directory
  • power off N900
  • to flash only the root file system (thus PROGRAMS only, leaving your data in MyDocs untouched)
    cd /rpm/maemo_flasher-3.5_2.5.2.2
    ./flasher-3.5 -F RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -f -R
  • quite a few lines will appear ending with something like
    no device found; waiting...
  • connect USB cable to N900
  • open keyboard and press & hold U key (ON THE N900!)
  • connect USB cable to PC
  • once flasher-3.5 starts doing its job you can let go of the U key

if you wish to flash all the settings & erase personal data (maybe needed if device is acting very strangely, like in your case
backup all your data on MyDocs (whatever you called your N900 in the file manager) either to a micro SD(HC) card or to your computer and use the following flasher-3.5 command before the above one:
  • ./flasher-3.5 -F RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin -f
(the remaining instructions are identical)

hth

Last edited by misterc; 2012-05-26 at 19:47.