my screen brightness flashed a little dark after I unlocked the screen and it came back lightness after about 10~12s

when I send message ,this makes me sad

I have close the power save mode / develop mode and even soft reset the device

but all these ways are not solved this problem

my phone is n9 australian version with asia firmware

thanks every one

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Canada
Hey Guys,

I send a request on https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1123 because I was not sastify with the fix they did for the "Stop & Snooze". I suggested a new design as you see in this post.

Please vote for my fix if you want to see this design in the next update !
Attached Images

Hi, First Post......

Bringing you up to date with some problems on my Singapore (005) PR1.2 on 64GB N9.

Originally got the unit from SingTel on contract but after getting the 'Yellow Triangle' I ended up with a Nokia replacement unit & firmware. No tweeks, no nothing, just a few apps and a yellow triangle that never went away.

1) SMS/Skype/Chats are not assigned to the correct contact/number, maybe more than half the time. I was hoping PR1.2 would sort the problem I seem to have always had, and seen by many. Sadly......

2) With FaceBook account disabled, feed is still updated on the Notifications Screen.

3) I cannot, like others, set the Calendar to begin on Monday.

Good Points:
- Speed seems generally quicker, overall.
- Battery Life seems better.
- Google Talk with the front camera works great.
- Folders is a good addition.
- I didn't lose anything between PR1.1 and 1.2, unlike from 1.0 to 1.1 where I lost everything.

Biggest problem is 1. Interestingly my colleague who still has a SingTel unit doesn't have the same problem as i do. Again, I have no tweeks or flashes or anything, just PR1.2 OTA and a few apps.

Last edited by TheSnail; 2012-03-06 at 06:28.

Cant download any apps from the Ovi store!! I get a message "refreshing caches please wait". Cant delete any apps (gives me the same message).
how can i delete that filemanager (etc/apt/sources.list.d)? Thanks

Last edited by YoussefGH; 2012-03-06 at 09:03.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Mine is still at PALCO. Bricked after OTA update. After the update I downloaded several apps from the store and the next morning it powered up to a warning sign that device is not functioning properly. No matter how much I rebooted , I couldn't get go the home screen. No tweaks, no developer mode, only apps downloaded from the store.

Nokia truly sucks

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Mine is still at PALCO. Bricked after OTA update. After the update I downloaded several apps from the store and the next morning it powered up to a warning sign that device is not functioning properly. No matter how much I rebooted , I couldn't get go the home screen. No tweaks, no developer mode, only apps downloaded from the store.

Nokia truly sucks
Which applications did you install after the update? I believe Nokia themselves have previously published an application that caused devices to enter MALF state, so it could possibly be a rogue application.

My website

GitHub

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Originally Posted by llDonovanll View Post
Hey Guys,

I send a request on https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1123 because I was not sastify with the fix they did for the "Stop & Snooze". I suggested a new design as you see in this post.

Please vote for my fix if you want to see this design in the next update !
If you are half asleep having one button so close and above another is annoying as it is easy to hit the wrong one. Having them left to right is better because you are unlikely to hit the wrong one but maybe they should be bigger.

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@aironeous, @llDonovanll
I made some comments on the enhancement request in bugzilla and will post them here so we can discuss them:
For me the best way to control the Alarm in regards to dismissing or snoozing
is gestures&accelerometer. This feels more natural when you are waking up in
bed than searching blindly for correct (drawn)button to press. Thus the buttons
design and placement will be irelevant.
Below are some scenarios:

1.Tap screen once - snooze.
2.Double tap screen - dismiss.

OR

1.Swipe screen across short side - snooze.
2.Swipe screen long side - dismiss.

OR

1.Pick device up - snooze
2.Turn device face down - dismiss.

Any combination of above will do it as well.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Setubal, Portugal
My PR 1.2 is running sometimes slow and sometimes fast..
I updated from PR 1.1 and restored backup.

Im gonna clean the device see if after it runs smoother then now.
I noticed my RAM is almost always at 200mb..

I'll reply later with the results

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ India
i cant scroll down even when there are app below but it is stuck in between only. i cant open my keyboard so i cant reset my N9 also. it is asking for password and without keyboard i cant do this. Please help me how do i solve this problem. it has become totally unusable