Notices

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by steven676 View Post
Ugh, ANOTHER spectacularly ugly (and somewhat broken) hack to deal with.
Both pH5 and I have had the "residual" icon problem blamed on us and our Control Panel applets before...

Would it be acceptable behavior to remove this file in the package prerm, or should I just let Nokia fix the bug at whatever glacial pace it decides?

I believe pH5 does now delete that file after uninstalling. IMO, it is acceptable behaviour. Nokia can't even announce any dates for the next update; who's to say they will ever fix this one? At best, it's a 3 second delay the next time the user starts up the Control Panel and you don't receive any complaints about Browser Switchboard not having "uninstalled properly".

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
I believe pH5 does now delete that file after uninstalling. IMO, it is acceptable behaviour. Nokia can't even announce any dates for the next update; who's to say they will ever fix this one? At best, it's a 3 second delay the next time the user starts up the Control Panel and you don't receive any complaints about Browser Switchboard not having "uninstalled properly".
Thanks for the information. Workaround applied, will be in the next release: http://git.maemo.org/git/browser-swi...ca05d429ff0a4a

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steven676 For This Useful Post:
Hi,

After installing this app, the 'touchsearch' app does not trigger Fennec as I set to default in the control panel - anyone know how to fix this.

All else works as expected.

Originally Posted by Lake View Post
Hi,

After installing this app, the 'touchsearch' app does not trigger Fennec as I set to default in the control panel - anyone know how to fix this.

All else works as expected.
Hm, a quick check of the code doesn't reveal anything that suggests that TouchSearch is doing anything unusual when launching a browser. Can you provide more details (what firmware you're using, what versions of Browser Switchboard and TouchSearch are installed, and how you trigger the problem)?

Have you tried restarting your device since installing Browser Switchboard? (This is a shot in the dark, I admit.)

Also, is anyone else having this problem?

Hm, a quick check of the code doesn't reveal anything that suggests that TouchSearch is doing anything unusual when launching a browser. Can you provide more details (what firmware you're using, what versions of Browser Switchboard and TouchSearch are installed, and how you trigger the problem)?

Have you tried restarting your device since installing Browser Switchboard? (This is a shot in the dark, I admit.)

Also, is anyone else having this problem?
Hi,

I am using Touchsearch V2.2 and not sure which version of switchboard (I downloaded it a couple of days ago) sorry! I did try turning my phone off and on with no success.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lake For This Useful Post:
What would I put in the command section if I wanted Opera 10 to be the default?

Originally Posted by chenli View Post
What would I put in the command section if I wanted Opera 10 to be the default?
Choose 'Other' and enter this:

opera %s
It wouldn't be a bad idea to have Opera added to the canned list, though. I expect it to be popular.

Last edited by buurmas; 2010-05-22 at 04:56. Reason: another thought

The Following User Says Thank You to buurmas For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by buurmas View Post
It wouldn't be a bad idea to have Opera added to the canned list, though. I expect it to be popular.
It's been in the repository for a week or two:

http://git.maemo.org/git/browser-swi...a62a77c6c754f8

That said, I haven't even had the time to try it (or Opera Mobile), never mind cut a release. There are still some larger things outstanding for a 3.3 release, though I may decide to cut a 3.2.1 for Opera users if I can find some time.

The Following User Says Thank You to steven676 For This Useful Post:
Hi,

It's been in the repository for a week or two:

http://git.maemo.org/git/browser-swi...a62a77c6c754f8
The extra empty tab issue is fixed in the latest version (currently simmering in extras-devel) so executing 'opera %s' is fine.

Internally we just use osso_application_top to forward the URL to the running instance if there is one.

/ohrn

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ohrn For This Useful Post:
Hello,

i do have the impression that the switchboard does not seem to work with microb on PR 1.2. - but it works with "opera %s" as other browser.

just microb only works, when switchboard is not installed. otherwise it only shows up for about 10 sec. then vanishes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heiwid For This Useful Post:

Tags
browser, default, microb, opera