Closed Thread
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
Google nows how to develop software, Nokia doesn't. It will be fun to see how Google handles Motorola. If they make use of their common sense, they will let the harware die and concentrate on the patents, but I doubt they manage to resist the burning urge to rule the world with both HW and software.
I'm amazed by your awesome knowledge about everything and i'm really bemused that you are wasting your time here when you can be making millions or curing cancer.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by volt View Post
Nokia has had an "okay" month. It's been falling most of the month but had a fast rise so all in all it's about the same as 30 days ago. Which must be considered good in comparison to the rest of the post-elopgate era.
Thanks to Google byuing Motorola and the following speculation about Nokia getting bought next driving the share price back above 4 euros.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Google nows how to develop software, Nokia doesn't.
Wow. Just... wow.

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Wow. Just... wow.
Ahh, Gerbick the old grumpy one with no sense of humor, no N900 and no plans of getting the N9. Why are you even here?

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by Daneel View Post
I'm amazed by your awesome knowledge about everything and i'm really bemused that you are wasting your time here when you can be making millions or curing cancer.
Well, Daneel. What exactly is it that bothers you? Is it that you think that I think I know lots of stuff? Is it that I (actually) know more stuff than you? or is it simply that you tend to write stuff that makes no sense? and when I point that out, you get a little grumpy like a few other here.

Please explain, because I honestly don't know what your problem is.

This message is hidden because...
Who would have thunk that I'd ever do something like that just to save me some time.

Nokia stocks have been floating rather steadily around $6 (liek 5.8 - 6.1) for a while now, which is kind of surprising to me considering how turbulent the rest of the market has been recently.

Ahh, Gerbick the old grumpy one with no sense of humor, no N900 and no plans of getting the N9. Why are you even here?
Because he was here when it was still called InternetTabletTalk.

Originally Posted by volt View Post
Who would have thunk that I'd ever do something like that just to save me some time.

Nokia stocks have been floating rather steadily around $6 (liek 5.8 - 6.1) for a while now, which is kind of surprising to me considering how turbulent the rest of the market has been recently.
Still haven't decided if I want to buy Nokia stock. Was going buy some Apple stock but it seems it didn't drop that much after the news of Job resigning.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Buying Apple Stock now could be like buying into .com in 2000.

The last few days I've seen more articles question if Apple is overvalued than I've seen ever before. It may be that the magic illusion is fading as the RDF is dissolving.

So, is the new guy an Elop or a Ballmer? Ballmer (ugh) took over for Gates as CEO in 2000. Gates is considered to have done a good job with Microsoft, when it comes to money and success, yes? Since Ballmer took over, Microsoft has tripled the revenue and doubled the income. This is a rather large Microsoft to start with. However, he did that without the analysts that hail Apple understanding anything about anything; the stock price has been flat under Ballmer. A boring investment.

Elop, also with some Microsoft experience, took over for Kallasvuo as CEO and the similarities end there. As did Nokia and Symbian's growth (in sales numbers and turnover). Analysts seems to understand more this time, not the why's but the what's, so the stock price turned falling rock price.

You can say that Apple has been #1 in mindscape ( = PR) but can they keep that up? There's some wear and tear on the iPhone brand name, and it'll be a hard sell to keep going like today. A good leader may do like Ballmer, and triple the revenue. Maybe with growing stock values, maybe not. Or he may do like Elop and make all the customers shake their heads in disbelief.

Either way, there will be changes.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Oh look! NOKIA's been going up! That's GREAT NEW---

---awwwwww... maaan.

Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Actually, Apple stocks go up a fair bit, since the initial chock. It doesn't look like the Jobs news have had any impact at all beyond losing one day's growth.

In Russia, Putin and Medvedev are doing the chair dance, alternating between being president and prime minister. In Apple, CEO swaps chair to Chairman of the Board of Directors. Still full control, less daily tasks.

Edit: who was the previous chairman? And why is it difficult to google? :slow:

Last edited by volt; 2011-08-30 at 09:35.

Closed Thread

Tags
goodbye nokia, investing, last quotes, lumiatard, samsung, specc=ericsson, stock, the elop flop, the flop elop, tizen