Can't believe i didnt see this thread!! Amazing app, and work to the both you. Works flawlessly for me.

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by gionni88 View Post
I didn't understand you linked a wired headset. Are those buttons working with built in media player? I don't know if OS recognizes those buttons, let me know if it does.
I may have used a bit too few words on that, sorry . I tested my headset control with buildin musicplayer and there it does work. Prev/next does change track and play/pause works also. Even fast rev/forward works while holding prev or next -button.

The Following User Says Thank You to pniemi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pniemi View Post
I may have used a bit too few words on that, sorry . I tested my headset control with buildin musicplayer and there it does work. Prev/next does change track and play/pause works also. Even fast rev/forward works while holding prev or next -button.
I see. I remember a developer has written Meego does not detect any wired headset button but call/reject button, and I only have the N900 wired headset with 1 button only.

I don't have multibuttons wired headset so I need a bit of help if you want it implemented:

Open terminal and type
Code:
dbus-monitor --system
than press the buttons and report here what you get. If you do it via ssh from pc you can copy and paste, otherwise you can type
Code:
dbus-monitor --system >> /home/user/MyDocs/dbusLogText.txt
and upload the txt file you will get. Don't forget to stop the monitoring after you have pressed all the buttons with ctrl+c, and don't forget the order of the buttons presses in case their name are not recognizable (which is unlikely, but who knows).

Also, for privacy, wipe all signals not refering to "ButtonPressed" method names.

About including station name in radio page: are you sure you want it shown instead of freq? Because from rds metadata I already get the name, and from auto scanning the name in the list is the metadata one, so it will be just a repetition.

Followed you instructions, attached log file from button presses.
Attached Files
File Type: txt dbusLogText.txt (661 Bytes, 113 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to pniemi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pniemi View Post
Followed you instructions, attached log file from button presses.
Try it and let me know if it works. Buttons configs are the same as bluetooth ones right now.

Link.

The Following User Says Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
Try it and let me know if it works. Buttons configs are the same as bluetooth ones right now.

Link.
Quick test, buttons were working now as expected and changing bluetooth button configs worked also for wired ones. Thanks for good work and quick response to matter .

Posts: 187 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
can i record radio stream with this?

Originally Posted by Jeffrey04 View Post
can i record radio stream with this?
No you can't.

Posts: 187 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
No you can't.
thanks for the reply, what about using the daemon itself to do the recording? can I do something like ./fmrx > output ?

EDIT: apparently I can do this? http://forum.meego.com/showpost.php?...&postcount=236