Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else has been experiencing something similar to their N900s. I've never used a screen protector, and have been generally happy. Since last month, after over 2 years of intense use of my phone, the screen is kind of "peeling off". Something is coming off, making it quite hard to read from the phone in some light conditions. The screen no longer feels smooth when swiping, but touch works fine. Should I change the screen? I have found no way to remove this.

Have a look at the attached picture, it might help understand...

Thanks!
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to maemomatic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
The same with my N900. All of a sudden a patch started to peel off.
At first I thought there was something sticky on the screen, so I tried to wipe it away with a cloth, but the patch became larger until I realized that the screen was peeling.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Same here. Started about 9 months ago and is looking aweful by now but is still working fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to foobar For This Useful Post:
does your device overclocked? The screen does seem burned.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iHaveNoNames For This Useful Post:
Thanks,

Well - no, the device is not overclocked, although it runs the latest version of CSSU testing. It seems to have gotten worse while keeping it in my pocket in a very hot season..

I'm not sure it is worth changing the screen lens just for this, but it's really annoying! Any thought?

The Following User Says Thank You to maemomatic For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by iHaveNoNames View Post
does your device overclocked? The screen does seem burned.
The needed temperature to burn touchscreen like this is much higher , if the CPU was able to do this , then motherboard and other plastic components inside would be melted .

The Following User Says Thank You to Dragoss91 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
N9 and N900 , the beauty and the beast

I like it!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dumpystig For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dragoss91 View Post
The needed temperature to burn touchscreen like this is much higher , if the CPU was able to do this , then motherboard and other plastic components inside would be melted .
lol . well said

i'm having the same issue too..

The Following User Says Thank You to zzzchainzzz For This Useful Post:
This is just one bad point of resistive screens . I would try to peel it off completely or replace touchscreen .

The Following User Says Thank You to Dragoss91 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by maemomatic View Post
Thanks,

Well - no, the device is not overclocked, although it runs the latest version of CSSU testing. It seems to have gotten worse while keeping it in my pocket in a very hot season..

I'm not sure it is worth changing the screen lens just for this, but it's really annoying! Any thought?
Put a screen protector on it. I bought 10 N900 screen protectors for £1.95 off ebay, the protectors are fine, they may not be as durable as more expensive protectors, but they are so cheap I don't care. Putting them on an already scratched screen won't make the scratches go away, but will reduce the impact of them and at least give you a nice smooth surface. If you put a bit of water on the screen and screen protector when applying it will help you get rid of any air bubbles when smoothing it out.

Otherwise your only choice is to replace the touchscreen.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to retsaw For This Useful Post: