Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
This is nothing more than a fool around app. It's jus high resolution image of the Xray N900.

love the effects and general design of the app.... Nice job (even if the joke wears thin pretty quickly) I hope what you learnt on this app gets to see light of day in something more interactive soon!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to tpd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
This is nothing more than a fool around app. It's jus high resolution image of the Xray N900.
Spoilsport!

And no! It's more. It hase some cool fading effects, the buttons handles the glow effect itself, graphical objects that controls itself in the mass (looks so abolutely great with 300 green numbers, but sadly the N900 is only capable of 50 or my code is still not efficient enought) - the numbers are rearranging itself to the borders during the corner scan, the application has a additional menu level inside the scene (was surprisingly hard for me to handle it correctly), it has self created button objects with own Signal and Slots and the whole "just image" reacts depending of the keyboard state. (also controlled by the graphical object itself and not somewhere in the main routine)
And the "just image" has more level fading - it is able to fade in or out and to crossfade at the same time! Also the buttons, the glow effect works even during the fading.

And no, its created the hard way using QGraphicsScene and not QML!
So, each step in the storyboard has its own Signals and Slots and is not designed in a Statemachine, a Animationframework or something like that...

But for some people it is more, for other less. That's the sad thing if you release something you have made yourself in your spare time... the work behind is often not visible in the first 5 seconds.
Luckily it's my own hobby. So I create this kind of applications mainly for myself. If it's not enought for you you're not forced to use it. Same goes especially to jd4200.
But nice to see I've made you nosy.

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

Last edited by helex; 2011-05-20 at 09:31.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
Haha you fooled them http://my-maemo.com/software/applica...to=2264&faq=35

The Following User Says Thank You to anapospastos For This Useful Post:
It's an amusing novelty app, people shouldn't take it too seriously. Ok so it's not everyone's idea of fun, but if it's not what you're looking for then move on to the next application It hasn't cost anything but a bit of bandwidth and time, there's no need to denigrate the efforts involved with making it. Honestly anyone with an ounce of common sense should know exactly what they are downloading from the description, but perhaps it still needs to be made clearer that it's a novelty application. Some of the replies from disapointed people trying to make it work have made me laugh though.. and N900 owners are supposed to be the smart geeky bunch!

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2011-05-20 at 10:20.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 67 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Spain
Porque no inviertes tus conocimientos y tiempo en una aplicación realmente útil. En lugar de hacer esta tontería de aplicación que no sirve para nada, más que para burlarte de la gente.

Why not invest your knowledge and time in a really useful application. Instead of implementing this nonsense is good for nothing more than to make fun of people.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Worked like a charm! It has my vote for X-tras.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by blipnl View Post
You could implement the feature of sensing earthquakes before they strike using the accelerometer.
That app already exists in Ovi Store, it's one of the free Offscreen apps since day 1. FWIW

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Verssetti View Post
Porque no inviertes tus conocimientos y tiempo en una aplicación realmente útil. En lugar de hacer esta tontería de aplicación que no sirve para nada, más que para burlarte de la gente.

Why not invest your knowledge and time in a really useful application. Instead of implementing this nonsense is good for nothing more than to make fun of people.
Perhaps I have first to learn how to do stuff like this with a small project before I develop something big?

In my opinion it would end in a awful, buggy and not very well working Application if I have not enought knowledge and experience. I've seen a lot examples to prove my theory. And in my opinion it was a lot more useful to develop something "funny" instead of playing 5 weeks with code and objects and delete the code afterwards before I begin something real. But we have all different procedures how we learn and develop.

What was your last Application you've done from the beginning to the end?

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
it does an x-ray of the n900 not anything else

very useful,

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:

Tags
funny, jokeware, strange