Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
HAM and apt-get use the same settings. FAM clones those, and will add new ones it sees in apt-get sometimes. But it keeps it's own list of which ones are active and which are not.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
well in ham i dont have sygic repository..and in fam its disabled..still appears in apt-get...so..i dont get it..

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
Originally Posted by ed_boner View Post
well in ham i dont have sygic repository..and in fam its disabled..still appears in apt-get...so..i dont get it..
hmmm...as far as i know it (correct me if i'm wrong) FAM & HAM have a differents database....

normally to update HAM repository database using command we use...

Code:
apt-get update
for FAM repository database we use....

Code:
fapt-get update
yes FAM does clone HAM database but it took a bit of time before FAM show any update/upgrade while HAM will show it at you device status bar once there is any update/upgrade...

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
ok..if you say so..i dont know anything about it..but in my case i do not have sygic repository at all in ham ui, still when i do apt-get update in xterm it checks the sygic repository.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
HAM and apt-get use the same settings. FAM clones those, and will add new ones it sees in apt-get sometimes. But it keeps it's own list of which ones are active and which are not.
You can trigger a re-sync from within FAM.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
Hello guys. I have just added CSSU repo and downloaded CSSU enabler but couldn't download "libqtm-dev" nor "qt-mobility-examples" because they conflict with several "libqt4" packages
so after that I downloaded "CSSU features configurator" and when opend it, it showed me a warning message that it should "fix Config" that replaces the default "transition.ini" and that may cause a reboot loop or brick OS....

so is this normal????
or should I keep default "transition.ini" and do another thing??

Edit: BTW now app manager shows available updates for most of "libqtm-......" packages but it shows the same conflict problem mentioned in line 3 ??
try installing it from the terminal.. if u still get the same eroor type this "apt-get -f install".. it will fix the porblem..

and for the CSSU features configurator there is no risk in selecting fix config.. it wont harm your N900.. it will just replace your previous transition file.. u can replace that transitions using theme customiser or any other transition file..

hope this helps u..

Last edited by visN900; 2012-04-01 at 04:40.

The Following User Says Thank You to visN900 For This Useful Post:
Wooo
just updated stable to testing

i can say that testing is stable and much more responsive

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
latest testing is very much stable. everything working fine. thanks everyone for the update.

Is it possible to blacklist widgets like DrLaunch? I tried adding widget name to blacklist but I guess it will not work that way. For some widgets it makes sense not to rotate them in portrait mode, like is the case with DrLaunch. Any idea about this?

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by yrannadx View Post
Is it possible to blacklist widgets like DrLaunch? I tried adding widget name to blacklist but I guess it will not work that way. For some widgets it makes sense not to rotate them in portrait mode, like is the case with DrLaunch. Any idea about this?
I can't see why you would need DrLaunch any more.
CSSU + Theme Customiser can do the job much better.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:

Tags
cssu testing