Posts: 28 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Victoria, BC
It is possible to view a google spreadsheet with microb.

Unfortunately, editing the spreadsheet doesn't work. It isn't possible to select a cell, nor will the keyboard appear to help edit a cell.

This was true of the most current OS2007 beta version and is still true of the OS2008 version.

Has anyone else noticed this? I don't recall seeing a forum topic about it.

The other problem I noticed was that if I was composing gmail and entered more than a couple of lines of text, the browser would crash. I haven't tried this in OS2008 yet.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
You might want to check Bugzilla. I'm almost certain someone raised a bug about this before.

I just tried it in OS2008 on N800. Google Mail worked fine - I sent a 5 line message without crash. There is still a problem in spreadsheet - virtual keyboard does not pop up automatically, but there is a workaround - it pops up when you select a cell and press middle button on D-pad. Overall google spreadsheet seems to work too slowly on N800 to be suitable for everyday use.

There are a lot of apps in Google that will cause the MibroB browser to crash. Even when I tried to edit a cell it crashed. I was able to select a cell and edit it though. I selected it using the stylus, and I hit the dot in the d-pad twice and editing using the thumb pad was easy.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Victoria, BC
Even with the dpad I've had trouble getting cells to select and I don't think I've ever been able to get the virtual keyboard to appear. My spreadsheet is only 30-ish rows and 3 columns, so size shouldn't be a problem.

Added a bugzilla for it.

I'll spend some time with gmails on OS2008 to see if the crashing problem has disappeared.

I just discovered that I cannot work with my google group -- seems to be same problem as described above... I'm unable to select text areas to edit. This is the most recent thread I found on the subject, same w/ bugzilla.

Is there a work around, or am I just out of luck?

Thanks

Today I reinstalled xkbd and tried that, but still no luck... cannot select textarea to allow typing/input.