Posts: 144 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Zealand
In New Zealand, (ex Singapore 64gb Black flashed to NZ for 1.1), got the OTA update last night, updated smoothly in 40 mins, then standard apps, then optional apps... No issues, silky smooth - but i was patient. Looks & feels fantastic

Posts: 68 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Perth, Australia
Those Aussies that have received the 1.2 update, are your N9s vanilla or with Optus/Voda? Mine is with Optus and yet to see any upgrade.

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Melbourne
mine was vanilla from hn

The Following User Says Thank You to fezboy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 25 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Newham Vic
Originally Posted by lavo View Post
Those Aussies that have received the 1.2 update, are your N9s vanilla or with Optus/Voda? Mine is with Optus and yet to see any upgrade.
Mine was also vanilla from HN

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I'm not sure, but I think Jalyst asked for a PR1.3 so here we go.

Who changed the thread title?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I'm not sure, but I think Jalyst asked for a PR1.3 so here we go.

Who changed the thread title?
I was going to start a 'what do people want to see in PR1.3' thread. Guess here is as good as anywhere!

I'd like to see implementation of being able to go to emails/sms/etc from the drop down info thingy. I'm in the habit of tapping the top of the screen where there might be a tiny sms or @ icon, but of course, they brings down the volume and profile and BT pane...no options to access those messages. It would be a bit more Androidy/Belle-like, but I would find it useful.

I'd also like to see some minor tweaks such as louder volume from the headphone socket. The addition of more Profiles (like Nicolai's ProfileX) would be cool too. But that's probably been left to the community to tinker with.

When do people think 1.3 might arrive? Summer?

actually, you can access e-mail and sms from the status bar at the top if you tap on it immediately after a notification appears. you have to be quick on the draw though. once you miss that very, very short window that's it and you have to access messages through their respective apps.

nonetheless, i agree with you. that's been one of the things i've missed since coming to the N9 from a Droid Incredible (i like Android but once you go Meego, you never go back.) i don't know why you can't just tap on the notification icon and get into the respective app at all times.

i'd also like to see much better predictive capabilities with the keyboard. the virtual keyboard itself is fantastic but it is really bad at predicting word choice.

Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
I was going to start a 'what do people want to see in PR1.3' thread. Guess here is as good as anywhere!

I'd like to see implementation of being able to go to emails/sms/etc from the drop down info thingy. I'm in the habit of tapping the top of the screen where there might be a tiny sms or @ icon, but of course, they brings down the volume and profile and BT pane...no options to access those messages. It would be a bit more Androidy/Belle-like, but I would find it useful.

I'd also like to see some minor tweaks such as louder volume from the headphone socket. The addition of more Profiles (like Nicolai's ProfileX) would be cool too. But that's probably been left to the community to tinker with.

When do people think 1.3 might arrive? Summer?

The Following User Says Thank You to chemical1der For This Useful Post:
I've already submitted a Bug report for notifications in the Status Bar's Menu Bug 590

Would recommend you guys vote for it so that we can get it through

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to UnlimiteD3k For This Useful Post:
browser bookmarks for christ's sake, how difficult can it be? And find on page.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rugoz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by UnlimiteD3k View Post
I've already submitted a Bug report for notifications in the Status Bar's Menu Bug 590

Would recommend you guys vote for it so that we can get it through
Voted. Hope someone is still there and it's not a ghost town now that PR1.2 is out. I bet Elop can't wait to kick the N9 team out and use that space for his Microsoft bouncy castle

Tags
bugfix-focused, dashed hopes, nokia fanbois, popcorn, pr1.3, pr1.3 party, troll alert