I was testing a bit clumsily and introduced unwanted layout effects while trying to fix another in the last release, also Jolla Tablet wasn't tested enough and looks weird in landscape. Functionally, there should be no regressions, though.
Fixes are in git for the impatient and I'll try to prepare another release in the next days when I get the time to test it properly on multiple devices.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

cheers!
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,552 | Thanked: 3,108 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Russia, 96
Hello. I can't save some translations =(
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ancelad For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Ancelad View Post
Hello. I can't save some translations =(
You have to fill in the plural forms with the small buttons:

Thanks for translating, cheers!
___

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 512 times | Joined on Jul 2018 @ Guatemala
Talefish an audio player with unique features in sailfish os, such as slide to forward/rewind, spectrum cassette, bluetooth/hardware controls.
Huge Thanks to @velox

Last edited by carlosgonz; 2018-11-22 at 23:58.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carlosgonz For This Useful Post:
So, here we are,
version 0.0-13 of carlosgonz' favourite audio book player is out on openrepos!

A few more changes than expected:

- bugfix: show correct pause cover action icon if secondary action is hidden
- bugfix: further layout fixes: total progress area + tablet layout
- bugfix: re-enable "progress slider swiping"; previously only click really worked
- bugfix: prevent not updating ("zeroing") progress when opening new files
- enhancement: readability enhancement for title in landscape with light ambiences
- translation updates: zh_CN; ru (thanks all!)

As usual: Please let me know if you run into problems (or even better: if you don't)!

cheers!
___

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 173 | Thanked: 512 times | Joined on Jul 2018 @ Guatemala
feedbacking http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...9&postcount=21

Last edited by carlosgonz; 2018-12-07 at 01:19.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carlosgonz For This Useful Post:
Oh indeed, I should have commented here ages ago. Sorry about the delay.

Talefish 0.0-13 has been my daily companion ever since the upgrade and it's working like a charm. Importing files is instantaneous now. And there are no more hangs while importing a large number of them. So, my feedback: No problems whatsoever, it's pure bliss. Kudos, velox!!!

Why was I checking out podQast, then? Well, it was because of one particular podcast which delivers mp3 files with random filenames (just weird letters and numbers). There was no chance for Talefish to play that in the right order (basically because there was none unless you had access to the rss feed). Also, I rather like the automagical download of podcasts. Nevertheless, with audiobooks Talefish will not be conquered any time soon.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dubliner For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dubliner View Post
Talefish 0.0-13 has been my daily companion ever since the upgrade and it's working like a charm. Importing files is instantaneous now. And there are no more hangs while importing a large number of them. So, my feedback: No problems whatsoever, it's pure bliss. Kudos, velox!!!
Awesome, I am glad the mediainfo workaround seems to work well for everyone! Thanks for the feedback!

It's a nice hack. Though I may research a more portable, integrated way to do a comparable thing in the future if time allows (in 2 years?)… "soft depending" (with fallback) on a third party program from openrepos doesn't feel right in the long run.

Originally Posted by dubliner View Post
Why was I checking out podQast, then? Well, it was because of one particular podcast which delivers mp3 files with random filenames (just weird letters and numbers). There was no chance for Talefish to play that in the right order (basically because there was none unless you had access to the rss feed). Also, I rather like the automagical download of podcasts. Nevertheless, with audiobooks Talefish will not be conquered any time soon.
No worries – I am a big fan of using the right tool for the job and really like where podQast is going – while I am not a regular podcast listener, I did find myself defaulting to podQast as recently as this weekend when my dearest wanted to listen to "something with people talking". It really is not much of a competition there – and even if it were, I'd be glad to inspire someone writing a useful program to enrich the ecosystem.

cheers!
___

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Hi folks,
version 0.0-14 is out on openrepos!

Openrepos user jayki told me about problems with natural sorting, so I replaced the weird tokenizer logic with a regex based solution.

- bugfix: use regex based natural sorting

As always:
I'd appreciate some feedback if this works for your files. Thanks!

cheers!
___

Hi folks,
with a few days to spare, the "third anniversary" release of Talefish is now ready to be checked out.
To celebrate this and because of huge changes under the hood, I've decided to push the version number from 0.0-14 to 0.1-1.

As usual, I'd be really happy if some of you are willing check this out and report back what works and what does not.
There are countless different configuration and file type variations – so I may have overlooked some.

condensed change log:
* Sun Dec 30 2018 velox 0.1-1
- enhancement: integrate taglib
- performance: optimize file loading workflow
- enhancement: add support for (some) cover images integrated in media files
- enhancement: make "first start message" more readable
- various small bugfixes

A little more about what changed:
The thing that bugged me (and many users) most was the slow and cumbersome way that, after opening a directory or file,
a lot of time was wasted with transitions back to the player interface, opening a new dialog for scanning durations and finally
reverting back to the player interface and loading the files.
While it is still necessary to use the scanner dialog, there are way less cumbersome transitions now. It's just the next page after accepting the open dialog.

Also, getting the duration of opened files was mostly slow and horrible. This changed a bit with 0.0-11
if users had the mediainfo application installed, but the vanilla experience lacked in many areas.
The fact that mediainfo wasn't available for the Tablet did not make it better.
This is why I've integrated the system's taglib in c++. It is pretty fast and works mostly without
lock ups, because it avoids heavy work in the render thread when possible.
It does not work for all files (I am looking at you, mka and aac!), but both the mediainfo hack and the
horribly slow QML method are still implemented as fallbacks. While some other information than duration
is read (and displayed in the file chooser to aid in finding the right thing to open),
the player interface also still just uses file names, because I wanted the main experience
to mostly stay the same.
I am open to suggestions like "please show artist/album on the first, track name on the second line if available", though.

Last, but not least:
The integration of taglib enabled me to integrate simplified support for cover images that are embedded in media files. This image provider gets used if no dedicated cover images are found in the opened folder.
Why simplified? I'm glad you asked!
It's only supported for mp3, m4a (or m4b, as long as it is audio/mp4), flac and ogg vorbis.
Also, it mostly just displays the first found image (which technically could be a back cover or inlay) and
for file types with more than one method of storing images, generally only one is implemented.

A happy year increment to all of you!

Cheers!
___

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:

Tags
audiobook, player, sailfish