Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
1.NO
2.NO
3.Nokia will support meego but I have my doubt on its life span
4.Not anymore. I'm no longer a Nokia fan since after what Nokia has done to the N900 after 2monthss after the released date. Not enough good paid apps to use. And also not enough support from Nokia. So I'm bailing out from Nokia ship. But will be keeping the N900 as long as the community is alive!

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
1.NO
2.NO
3.Nokia will support meego but I have my doubt on its life span
4.Not anymore. I'm no longer a Nokia fan since after what Nokia has done to the N900 after 2monthss after the released date. Not enough good paid apps to use. And also not enough support from Nokia. So I'm bailing out from Nokia ship. But will be keeping the N900 as long as the community is alive!

U read my mind !!!! lol exactly my answers

I can't say I have much faith in Nokia after having witnessed all the missed opportunities of the last ten years.

But I think Meego has a unique chance to be the next cool os: exploit the mix of growing privacy concerns and the absence of peer-to-peer networking in other smartphone os (read: Android and iOS).

After having used a Dell Streak for one week I feel like I have sold my soul to the devil. Right now all the nice cloud services feel great but when the time comes to collect I am afraid what they are gonna do with all they know about me.

Enter Meego: If Nokia or the Foundation would just provide some sort of dnydns-services and Meego or Nokia would provide peer-to-peer social networking (think: "webserver" on the device and software to aggregate data from your friends and software on your PC/server to backup and sync) we could keep our data on our device and know what exactly is given away. I don't know how to translate that into a business model - except for promoting the sales of your hardware but that alone should interest Nokia.

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
@Leetut,

Nokia devices have a bad life span and very shocking price inflation after 3months of it's reased date. A device that constantly dropping in price like fly won't always be good. Iphone price doesn't dropped as much at all over the last few years. I'm truely upseting...
unfortunate but i have to agree. n900 hasnt evolved as i thought. Lack of support rather no support by nokia is the major cause. Ovi store is still where it was six months ago. I have noticed including myself people have stopped giving positive input as to design input software UI input etc mainly because they have realized its to no avail.

The Following User Says Thank You to niqbal For This Useful Post:
I've said this before and I'll say it again. Meego will be my next OS, but the device will not come from Nokia. Their lack of support for the N900 put me off their handsets. The only reason I will have to go Meego + Nokia is resistive screens.

The Following User Says Thank You to harp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
meego is step 6 or 7 in over9000 ladder of Nokia's N devices development =)

There's a great deal of debate going on about the future of maemo and meego, which I think is a good thing. At the very least it shows there's a lot of us out there who have an active interest in both operating systems.

If Nokia were going it alone with Meego I'd have my doubts about whether the os would go the distance. Partnering up with Intel should ensure it'll compete on a level playing field with the other systems available out there.

As for Maemo, it'll be interesting to see who stays with it (and who returns to it) after Meego becomes universally available for the N900. Personally, my money is on the following:

Those looking for a smooth and simplified end user, app rich experience will go Meego.

Those who like being able to get under the hood of their os and pushing development boundries will stick with Maemo.

1. With some reservations, yes. US markets will be tough for Nokia in the future and it's not always the one with best OS or device that wins. Marketing jargon will sell even total crap when done properly, which is not one of Nokias strong points.

2. and 3. Yes, I consider choice of mergin Maemo with Moblin to be wise in the long run, even if it pisses of many Maemo and N900 fans for a while. MeeGo has gained a lot more attention and visibility than would have been possible by sticking with Maemo 6. In the end, Meego on next Nokia device is still mostly Maemo-Harmattan with different name. There is simply nothing that would have been different on N900 even if merger didn't happen. We would be ranting about Nokia abandoning Maemo 5 for Maemo 6.

4. Of course. Manufacturer that has large market share worldwide always matters, even if it makes few mistakes like N97 and decision not to support MeeGo on N900.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I don't see meego (or anything that nokia does) as cool. Android has cool features. But nokia is more of a slow slime ball doing reliable os. with that said. I don't necessarily see that as bad thing. I rather see nokia os on mini computers. Just not on smartphones.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
This is Nokia leaving maemo behind for MeeGo:

Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:

Tags
teenage, wasteland