Sick of seein doom n gloom on this forum!

Just want to say Ive dropped my n900 and watched it bounce along all sorts of concrete gravel etc many many times. and it barely has a scratch on it after 8 months! where as on the other hand i have whitnessed 3 of my mates drop their iphones, and all 3 times ended in tears. 2 with smashed front case and the 3rd actual smashed screen! long live the rock solid n900!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to southwalesboy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 162 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Essex, UK
That makes me cringe so much lol
I always keep mine in its bulky aluminium case

The Following User Says Thank You to 6sicSIX For This Useful Post:
my friend dropped his n900 only once, and got the display crashed.. he said that the height wasnt high, but the screen crashed anyway!
I dropped mine 2 times and got just a scratch on the black aluminum...

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
I wouldn't like the idea of dropping N900 on concrete at all, and I'm already seeing scratches on its screen (they can be seen only when screen is black, turned off, but still filling sorry for the rough handling which caused the scratches).

But still, it's consoling to know that N900 is as sturdy as it looks.

P.S. U.S.Army is using iPods and iPhones.
http://www.newsweek.com/2009/04/17/a...ew-weapon.html
What do they think about N900?

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel.
I wouldnt call the n900 study.?i got mine for about 5 months already i got charger problems, screen kreaking when pressed at top middle, ear peace being problematic.

Never dropped it though
| DonateMe - If you feel I helped you in a very good way, feel free to donate |

The Following User Says Thank You to eitama For This Useful Post:
i dropped mine from my truck while i was getting off, about 3 weeks after i got it, my heart almost stopped when i herd it bounce around on the concret. but eveything is A okay, it landed on its back, leaving only a few knicks and scratches.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Surge72 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 162 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Essex, UK
Aside from the creaking mine is perfect still, very scratched screen protector though

The Following User Says Thank You to 6sicSIX For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by eitama View Post
I wouldnt call the n900 study.?i got mine for about 5 months already i got charger problems, screen kreaking when pressed at top middle, ear peace being problematic.

Never dropped it though
I have used it for short time, too. I'm afraid I have a battery problem (I'm not sure). I don't have USB port problems, despite the fact than once N900 was hanging on the charger cable. I haven't used ear piece at all so I can say nothing about it. Screen kreaking? Maybe, I don't notice it.
I never dropped it outdoors, but I have dropped it indoors from my table, usually due to the cable. Now I have become more careful about my movements: I check where the cable and the device are.

nokia is known for making solid phones. certainly enough to survive a few drops

The Following User Says Thank You to holysocks For This Useful Post:
They've used some good material for the back casing, that's for sure. A friend "slid" the N900 back to me across half a meter of asphalt, no scratches whatsoever. Screen protector is still scratched and the blue ink is wearing off the keyboard. Other than that, still in mint condition considering all the drops.