Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Estonia, Tallinn
Very accurate also compared to a cycle computer. Did a 40,8km bikeride today and meerun showed 40,9km. Sports-tracker would probably have showed 43,7km or something.

Hi,
I just purchaced symbian version of the sw. Unfortunately my Polar HRM doesn't seem to work with the sw. The HRM belt works ok with sport tracker on symbian or android... is there anything I can do to fix this?.

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by soikka View Post
Hi,
I just purchaced symbian version of the sw. Unfortunately my Polar HRM doesn't seem to work with the sw. The HRM belt works ok with sport tracker on symbian or android... is there anything I can do to fix this?.
You probably can't do anything. On my Nokia 808 PureView the MeeRun app is working nicely but it's not working with the old Sports Tracker's HRM. Sports Tracker and the HRM belt is working together on the Symbian platform.

Perhaps the development process is now concentrated on the Jolla platform? Furthermore, Nokia has closed the Ovi store for new updates. If the sw will ever be updated it will not appear in the Nokia Ovi store, however.

MeeRun is a brilliant piece of sw, I think. Hopefully it will be available on the Jolla platform with a working HRM!

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Estonia
Hi,

I'm happy with MeeRun on N9, works fine with my Polar Wearlink+ Bluetooth heart rate belt. I got it for free from openrepos, so where can i donate to author?

As for feature requests my favorite ones are:
  • more info on lock screen: heart rate (current/avg/max, lap avg/max), distance (from start, lap), avg speed (from start, lap). Better yet, integrate with standard lock screen (and/or scriptable info on Billboard) - if thats ever possible and feasible.
  • Pebble smart watch support, so that i can see time, distance, speed, HR on watch and start/pause/resume/lap/stop workout using watch buttons -- if that's possible.

k6ps

The Following User Says Thank You to k6ps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 162 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ poor Slovenia
Originally Posted by finfly View Post
Any news on getting this app on Sailfish? To quote a meme "shut up and take my money!"
I'm willing to pay for this app also.
If You accept PayPal donation?

Originally Posted by matimilko View Post
I'm willing to pay for this app also.
If You accept PayPal donation?
Best thing to do is vote here: https://together.jolla.com/question/...-applications/ so that the Jolla folks get paid application suppor to the store ASAP.
You can't expect the author to give you an rpm in exchange of a (promise of a) donation.

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by k6ps View Post
Hi,

I'm happy with MeeRun on N9, works fine with my Polar Wearlink+ Bluetooth heart rate belt. I got it for free from openrepos, so where can i donate to author?

k6ps
Thank you for the info. I just received a new Polar Wearlink+ Bluetooth heart rate belt and made the very first test ride. MeeRun on N9 works very well with the new HRM belt.

The old Sports Tracker's HRM belt does not work properly on MeeRun version 1.4.2 and N9. HRM seems to be active and working but MeeRun will crash later on.

MeeRun is a very well designed sports tracking app. I like it very much. MeeRun has not a web site of it's own but you can import the GPX file of the workout into the website of Sports Tracker or Endomondo, for example. The HRM data will be included.

The replay option of MeeRun is well done and you perhaps don't need an external web site as often as it is needed by using the Sports Tracker application?

Last edited by KaukoSaarinen; 2014-03-26 at 10:58.

I would still like to upload my workouts from MeeRun to a website to analyse them, share them with friends, etc. As a temporary workaround I wrote a shell script on my Linux PC that checks for new training (.mrgpx) files, converts them to gpx and uploads them to Garmin Connect using GcpUploader. I set up a cron job to do everything automatically. There are several services to sync Garmin Connect workouts to other sites (like Runkeeper, MapMyFitness, Fitbit, etc.), so they are also sent there automatically.
But still that would be really nice if the MeeRun app supported a sort of uploading feature natively.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cuh7b5 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cuh7b5 View Post
I would still like to upload my workouts from MeeRun to a website to analyse them, share them with friends, etc. As a temporary workaround I wrote a shell script on my Linux PC that checks for new training (.mrgpx) files, converts them to gpx and uploads them to Garmin Connect using GcpUploader. I set up a cron job to do everything automatically. There are several services to sync Garmin Connect workouts to other sites (like Runkeeper, MapMyFitness, Fitbit, etc.), so they are also sent there automatically.
But still that would be really nice if the MeeRun app supported a sort of uploading feature natively.
Do you mean that this script can upload a training file to for example the Sportstracker website automatically and that this could be possible to do from MeeRun itself if implemented somehow? If possible it would be awesome! It's a little painful to transfer my gpx-file from my phone to my computer and then import it to sportstracker from there.

Actually this is more complex: I have a backup script running on my PC which downloads files from my N9 to my PC including my meerun workouts. Another script, also running on my PC converts and uploads these workouts to Garmin Connect website.

So these scripts run on my PC, not on my phone. With some modifications and installing some extra SW this might be possible though to run such a script on the N9. You need python 2.x, GcpUploader (python script and its dependencies), cron, optionnaly gpsbabel (if you want to use tcx files, too) for N9. I am not sure this would be an easy run...

As for the Sportstracker website, this is not feasible at the moment brecause AFAIK they don't have an API. Syncing with Garmin works fine though on my PC.