Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
And not only that, but it seems I can form an opinion of me... so who's me: the one that forms that opinion of me or the me of which opinion is formed on?

So what exactly gets buried here??? And dies??? And(or???) lives???

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
In another words it means I have a relationships with myself, and that implies two parties... which doesn't help with the burial question though.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Well, it actually helps in defining the burial volume, as in case you want to be dug down in a hole; You'll need a wider grave than you first anticipated.

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I am not all that sure that I am going to live to the pension age, the way my governent keeps pushing it back.
What's the pension age in the UK? In the USA, it's 65, even though we have numbskulls in D.C. trying to push it back as well.

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I'm not all that sure that I'm going to die.
A good answer, you have given...

Thinking on the original question, I do not wish for information to be lost. Hence, no cremation.

If it is possible for me to do it in time before I die, I would rather be put in stasis, in hopes that when medicine is developed enough to prevent my death (from cancer or whatever), I am "unfrozen" and given some more time (like, ten-twenty-fifty years) to live. Even if my life would become work for the organisation which spent money to keep me alive, it would be better than death.

Leading causes of death (approximation): Cardiovascular diseases; Infectious and parasitic diseases; Ischemic heart disease; Cancers; Cerebrovascular disease (Stroke)
Leading preventable causes of death (approximation): Hypertension, smoking and alcohol, malnutrition, STD, poor lifestyle (diet, obesity, inactivity).

I am not using addictive substances (such as tobacco and alcohol), malnutrition is unlikely in developed countries...
To avoid hypertension: reduce consumption of salt and alcohol, eat more fruits, avoid obesity and inactivity.
So, inactivity is the one most likely to bring my end. I have to work on it.
Similarly, air pollution is a risk factor in cardiovascular diseases, and something to influence whenever possible.
Risk factors for cancer: smoking, alcohol, asbestos, benzene; diet, inactivity, obesity; infections; radiation (do not do an X-ray unless you have to). Oh, and there is a rumour that airplane flying at high altitude exposes passengers to an amount of radiation, proportional to time spent in flight.

Best wishes.

[EDIT]
Currently, pension age in UK is 65 for men and 60 for women. The latter is being changed to become 65, slowly. Longer-term, the retirement age for both men and women will rise to 68 by no later than 2046 and possibly much earlier.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pensio...United_Kingdom
[/EDIT]

Last edited by Wikiwide; 2014-11-30 at 23:37. Reason: Add an answer

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
when my n900 dies, where will it be buried..
Don't know, probably in a box of old phones and parts

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by endsormeans View Post
I think worse... is that the choice to die at all will ...within this if not then most assuredly the next generation ... be taken from us all. Tech....especially bio and nano is getting better and better awful fast.

http://s26.postimg.org/ic6oznyqh/30_...7_23_08_PM.png
Not likely. People are becoming more and more ill, as technology spreads. And more and more dependent on medicines and doctors, too. Previously, people would not have thought to take antibiotics for a 'simple' flu.

Best wishes.

Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Previously, people would not have thought to take antibiotics for a 'simple' flu.
Flu is a virus, antibiotics are used for bacterial infections.

In Russia they use viruses that kill bacteria (bacteriophages) instead of antibiotics. The EU are now investing in research into phages as antibiotics are on borrowed time.

You can read more here.