Closed Thread
i done full flash with emmc and restored my apps and settings, noticed it kept vodafone APN and phone had another ANP i just changed settings as i had 2 APN before.

aint noticed anything different but its better then nothing, looking forward to major update.

thanks for help!

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by gohan2091 View Post
Does the UK still not have the update? or is it just me?
good to see you have read the previous posts
It came out earlier today? have you not got it yet?

(Sorry, sarcasm filter is failing...... )
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

The Following User Says Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Just checked again - no UK update here... annoying.

Posts: 487 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ London, UK
While we're all waiting, there's only 1 thing holding back the inevitable flash:

if I backup and flash, will I still have my tags in my photos when I restore?

Applications I've made:
- Vuvuzela
- LTM: London Tube Map

I gave in and flashed the global FW and I was suprised that I still had my calendar settings, bookmarks etc and only had to download my apps again.

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
good to see you have read the previous posts
It came out earlier today? have you not got it yet?

(Sorry, sarcasm filter is failing...... )
When I last came here, there were 90 so pages, now there are 119. Since I don't have a working pc at the moment (monitor is faulty), I have to do all my browsing on the n900.

I don't know if it's just my device, but this forum is very hard to navigate. The navigational bar to the right blocks off half the screen so when I was on say page 96, I couldn't click on the next page as it was behind the navigational bar. To access this page, I had to exit the thread, view the list of threads on this forum and then click LAST PAGE. I did read back a few pages but didn't find anything relevant to my question, just complaints about battery life which was why I asked...

The Following User Says Thank You to gohan2091 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Scotland
Same thing here browser totally knackers the navigation.

The Following User Says Thank You to idoru78 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 436 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ England
yep and me .... have to go to the first page then click 'last'

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by idoru78 View Post
Same thing here browser totally knackers the navigation.
It's not the browser that's at fault in this case, it's the site. Some of the other themes work better with the N900 (but don't look as good).

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by netAdept View Post
I got fed up of waiting and flashed mine too.

Pretty painless procedure really. I only lost my startup video and the theme changed, otherwise everything's back to normal. The backup app works like a dream.

I realise the update is not that important, but I'm pretty sure the next one will be and I don't want to be hanging round for days (weeks/months?) for Nokia to get off their collective backsides and release a UK specific version.
Thank you! Followed your steps and it went perfect! you rock

Closed Thread

Tags
firmware, my n900 is allergic, no soup for you!, panicky in the uk, pr1.1.1, updates r kewl, whining about whiners, yay - an update