Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
So, hoping some of the big cheeses will weigh in on this, but why aren't we using cyanogen?

I'm missing so many features in nit that are standard for cyanogen.

Eg, rotation locking, customisable status bar, theme chooser, the very useful cyanogen special options menu..

So yeah, why not?

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Why do you want Android on the N9 / ruin it, when you can get "better" (spec) Droid hardware for even less? HW, for which even direct ICS CM builds exist?

Whereas the opposite, having both the superior Fremantle / Harmattan on other HW, is a no-go to a high percentage?

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Why do you want Android on the N9 / ruin it, when you can get "better" (spec) Droid hardware for even less? HW, for which even direct ICS CM builds exist?

Whereas the opposite, having both the superior Fremantle / Harmattan on other HW, is a no-go to a high percentage?
he could be talking about nitdroid for n900, for which it would be nice if it was based on CM07 code...

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Maybe, but still makes no sense (to me) to switch the only devices that can run both Maemo variants to an commodity OS (plain AOSP or it's many builds) where more than enough HW is available. Most people here would like it the other way around.

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Maybe, but still makes no sense (to me) to switch the only devices that can run both Maemo variants to an commodity OS (plain AOSP or it's many builds) where more than enough HW is available. Most people here would like it the other way around.
not switch, dual boot for games(warez naturally)

Last edited by GrimyHR; 2012-02-12 at 20:13.

Fsck the games. And regarding dual boot: It seems you are mostly _not_ in the OS / mode that you could actually use right now.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
thought nitdroid was build on top of a standard cyanogen.. Most of these features are far from top priority.

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Chicago/D.C./Katowice
Originally Posted by optimaxxx View Post
So, hoping some of the big cheeses will weigh in on this, but why aren't we using cyanogen?

I'm missing so many features in nit that are standard for cyanogen.

Eg, rotation locking, customisable status bar, theme chooser, the very useful cyanogen special options menu..

So yeah, why not?
i'd rather have maemo on my galaxy nexus

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UCOMM For This Useful Post:
Why be so single minded?!

No matter what you say or do, MeeGo and Maemo does lack the commercial support as Nokia already killed MeeGo before it was released and it didn't really give Maemo 5 a chance to shine either with limited support!

Android has the amount of apps people desire, and they would like to have an N9 or N900 because they also love/like Maemo/MeeGo for its open ness!

The open ness is what makes things like an Android mod possible! So by putting Android on the device, it generates publicity of the N9 and how open it is! May even get a few people to buy the N9 because if they do want the amount of apps and games, they can always switch to Android.

Everybody wins so why do you guys have a problem with something that doesn't affect you in any way and can only make the device more popular and in doing that, better!

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 146 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Lisbon, Portugal
Nokia has stopped making the N9, the shells are all being used to build L800s