Notices

Hi!

Is there any way to send SMSes from command line? It would be very nice if I can just ssh to my phone and send SMSes even my phone is not where I am. Is this possible some way?

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Perhaps over D-Bus?
Or you could VNC onto it and have the full GUI available...

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
app request: mobile web server for maemo

http://mymobilesite.net/
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

ossipena, in maemo channel someone wrote that there is lighttpd in repos. Haven't checked it (yet, have to, when I am at home again) but if that is there maybe we can create a web pages for it ourselves

twaelti, thanks for the tip to use VNC but mainly I am trying to find a way to do this with CLI because I can ssh almost with every machine but cannot open VNC in many computers (not installed but putty is installed on many windows machines etc). I tried to look those DBUS-apis but have to look them more deeply if I can find any way to do it with CLI directly.

Originally Posted by Stargazers View Post
ossipena, in maemo channel someone wrote that there is lighttpd in repos. Haven't checked it (yet, have to, when I am at home again) but if that is there maybe we can create a web pages for it ourselves

twaelti, thanks for the tip to use VNC but mainly I am trying to find a way to do this with CLI because I can ssh almost with every machine but cannot open VNC in many computers (not installed but putty is installed on many windows machines etc). I tried to look those DBUS-apis but have to look them more deeply if I can find any way to do it with CLI directly.
I can confirm that lighttpd is there now. I downloaded it, but have yet to configure it.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Stargazers View Post

I'd be mostly interested about the modules to be able read messages, calendar etc via httpd. but at an other hand it would consume the battery a lot.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Originally Posted by twaelti View Post
Perhaps over D-Bus?
Indeed, dbus is the way, we just need to figure out the syntax.

Following https://garage.maemo.org/plugins/wik...id=1106&type=g
I spied on dbus and sent an SMS containing "aaaaaaaaaa" (i.e. 10 `a's) to +12345678901

This is the dbus log, with the relevant part:

Code:
method call sender=:1.10 -> dest=org.freedesktop.DBus serial=1350 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus; interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=RemoveMatch
   string "type='signal', interface='org.freedesktop.DBus', member='NameOwnerChanged', arg1=':1.58'"
method call sender=:1.35 -> dest=com.nokia.mce serial=598 path=/com/nokia/mce/request; interface=com.nokia.mce.request; member=req_vibrator_pattern_activate
   string "PatternTouchscreen"
method call sender=:1.49 -> dest=com.nokia.phone.SMS serial=74 path=/com/nokia/phone/SMS/ba212ae1; interface=com.nokia.csd.SMS.Outgoing; member=Send
   array [
      array [
         byte 33
         byte 5
         byte 11
         byte 145
         byte 33
         byte 67
         byte 101
         byte 135
         byte 9
         byte 241
         byte 0
         byte 0
         byte 10
         byte 225
         byte 112
         byte 56
         byte 28
         byte 14
         byte 135
         byte 195
         byte 225
         byte 48
      ]
   ]
   string ""
signal sender=:1.16 -> dest=(null destination) serial=6150 path=/com/nokia/phone/SMS/ba212ae1; interface=com.nokia.csd.SMS.Outgoing; member=OutgoingState
   int32 1
   string "29f9b8e4-1bb6-493b-ae56-bc8e6c1ead00"
   string "+12345678901"
method call sender=:1.58 -> dest=org.freedesktop.DBus serial=489 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus; interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=AddMatch
   string "type='signal', interface='com.nokia.mce.signal', member='tklock_mode_ind'"
method call sender=:1.58 -> dest=org.freedesktop.DBus serial=490 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus; interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=AddMatch
   string "type='signal', interface='com.nokia.mce.signal', member='sig_device_orientation_ind'"
method call sender=:1.58 -> dest=com.nokia.mce serial=491 path=/com/nokia/mce/request; interface=com.nokia.mce.request; member=req_accelerometer_enable
method call sender=:1.10 -> dest=org.freedesktop.DBus serial=1352 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus; interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=AddMatch
   string "type='signal', interface='org.freedesktop.DBus', member='NameOwnerChanged', arg1=':1.58'"
method call sender=:1.35 -> dest=com.nokia.mce serial=599 path=/com/nokia/mce/request; interface=com.nokia.mce.request; member=req_vibrator_pattern_activate
method call sender=:1.35 -> dest=com.nokia.mce serial=600 path=/com/nokia/mce/request; interface=com.nokia.mce.request; member=req_vibrator_pattern_activate
method call sender=:1.58 -> dest=org.freedesktop.DBus serial=492 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus; interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=RemoveMatch
   string "type='signal', interface='com.nokia.mce.signal', member='tklock_mode_ind'"
method call sender=:1.58 -> dest=org.freedesktop.DBus serial=493 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus; interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=RemoveMatch
   string "type='signal', interface='com.nokia.mce.signal', member='sig_device_orientation_ind'"
method call sender=:1.58 -> dest=com.nokia.mce serial=494 path=/com/nokia/mce/request; interface=com.nokia.mce.request; member=req_accelerometer_disable
method call sender=:1.10 -> dest=org.freedesktop.DBus serial=1355 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus; interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=RemoveMatch
signal sender=:1.16 -> dest=(null destination) serial=6151 path=/com/nokia/phone/SMS/ba212ae1; interface=com.nokia.csd.SMS.Outgoing; member=OutgoingSegment
   uint32 113
   uint32 0
   uint32 0
   int32 0
signal sender=:1.16 -> dest=(null destination) serial=6152 path=/com/nokia/phone/SMS/ba212ae1; interface=com.nokia.csd.SMS.Outgoing; member=Outgoing
   string "+12345678901"
   array [
      uint32 113
   ]
   array [
      int32 0
   ]
signal sender=:1.16 -> dest=(null destination) serial=6153 path=/com/nokia/phone/net; interface=Phone.Net; member=signal_strength_change
   byte 47
   byte 94
CLI calling BTW is working already perfectly: http://wiki.maemo.org/User:Jebba#DBUS

So, I experimented in a similar way.

Doing, based on the above dbus log:
Code:
dbus-send --system --dest=com.nokia.phone.SMS --type=method_call --print-reply /com/nokia/phone/SMS/ba212ae1 com.nokia.csd.SMS.Outgoing.Send array:byte:33,5,11,145,33,67,101,135,9,241,0,0,10,225,112,56,28,14,135,195,225,48 string:""
I get the following response:
Code:
method return sender=:1.16 -> dest=:1.307 reply_serial=2
     string ""
     int32 3
But this doesn't send the SMS.

Any thoughts anyone?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 白い熊 For This Useful Post:
very interesting, I need this. wait the resolution.

The Following User Says Thank You to u2maemo For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
There's supposed to be a Telepathy API forthcoming for all of this... Supposedly, dbus is the "wrong way" to be doing it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Yeah, telepathy is all fine and dandy, I've seen the presentation, but currently cannot be interfaced - maybe it's coming.

Second, dbus ain't the wrong way, it's low level, that's exactly what's needed.

For instance I wanna program an interface from GNU Emacs, so you can dial and send SMSes from BBDB etc. Dialing is already working, now the SMS is the part that's missing.

For this, I'd think a low-level way would be better, then interfacing to telepathy... But I wouldn't be opposed even to telepathy, if one would know how to do it now.

The Following User Says Thank You to 白い熊 For This Useful Post: